Neighbor thinks pot growers are in the area

/ Neighbor thinks pot growers are in the area #21  
Back in the early 80's when I worked at the airport, we had some very dirty cops (I mean mud, weeds, sticks, ticks, not corrupt) come into our office. They'd been living in a cornfield for several nights. The state police helicopter came to pick them up as they were going out to do some surveillance from the air.

Apparently, there were some guys in the ditches harvesting pot. They'd bag it up and toss it into the drainage ditch. The bags would then float down the ditch to the Kankakee river. A few miles downstream was a family camp ground. At one of the campsites, two guys would sit in lawn chairs right by the river, "fishing". As the bags came by, they'd cast out and snag them and bring them back into their camper.

/ Neighbor thinks pot growers are in the area #22  
I would keep dogs and and be seen coming and going, but not around their operations. You are not going to be able to be safe. These aren't likely to be folks that you can hassle your way out of, and at the same time, you don't want them there. Local growers have burned homes, killed family members, and forced some into working for them.
Jesus man, dial it back a bit. He doesn't know a single thing other than one neighbor suggesting what could possibly be going on. It's probably just a kid riding an ATV.

Sheesh.

/ Neighbor thinks pot growers are in the area #27  
I thought the same thing. Apparently, it's not the case.
That could be because it's NOT LEGAL in most jurisdictions. Federal law and state law are different. Even in most states where it's legal to consume it's illegal to grow.
But the times they are a changing.

/ Neighbor thinks pot growers are in the area #28  
Might want to be like 3 monkeys,for some of those people play for keeps.

/ Neighbor thinks pot growers are in the area #29  
That could be because it's NOT LEGAL in most jurisdictions. Federal law and state law are different. Even in most states where it's legal to consume it's illegal to grow.
But the times they are a changing.

Or perhaps the tax overhead on legal operations allow the illegal sales to be more competitive on price?

/ Neighbor thinks pot growers are in the area #30  
Or perhaps the tax overhead on legal operations allow the illegal sales to be more competitive on price?
Tax , that's something that would be interesting to inquire about , the amount of tax that's collected on cash sales .