Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #111  
Good points. I seem to remember GM at one point was paying more for retired workers than current wages. That was UAW that drove that ship to ground.
Perhaps you forget: Unions came about because management frequently abused workers.
Companies who WILLINGLY treat their workers fairly, year over year, have no need to be concerned about unions.
Companies who have a "union problem" have that "union problem" because THEY created it, and (perhaps unwittingly now) promote it.

Last edited:
   / Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #112  
Perhaps you forget: Unions came about because management frequently abused workers.
Companies who WILLINGLY treat their workers fairly, year over year, have no need to be concerned about unions.
Companies who have a "union problem" have that "union problem" because THEY created it, and (perhaps unwittingly now) promote it.
Completely disagree. Friend of mine works for a beer distributor...they recently bought a non union shop where everyone was happy. They will now all be union because the owners are a union shop.

unions are evil.

/ Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #113  
I think Unions were a good idea initially but over time most have forgotten what they were there to do and became something too big, unreasonable and out of control.

Last edited:
   / Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #114  
Labor costs aren't what you think. .....

There are three reasons why automobile production left the USA.

They are:
U
A, and
W

Dude. The UAW definitely has a lot of issues and clearly adds cost to US/Nafta manufactured vehicles. But your entire world view is pretty distorted here. Labor costs are most certainly a very real and substantial part of the calculation for where to produce (assemble) an automobile. Notwithstanding your made up number of saving "just" $400. Shipping, taxes and tarrifs are also huge factors.

But, automobile production hasn't "left the USA". Not at all. For the last 20-30 years US production has hovered in the 10-12 million units/year range quite consistently, aside from the few year dip when George W's administration completely tanked our economy.

New assembly plants continue to be built in the US almost every year. Most of which do not start under UAW (until people there may voluntarily VOTE to be in the UAW). Blame the UAW all you want, but when the workers themselves vote to be included, it's not because they want their plant to fail and get shut down. It's to protect their rights, compensation and safety on the job.

/ Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #115  
Let's hope the UAW doesn't do for the rest of America what it's done for Dee-Troit. And no, Virginia. It is not an accident.

Buy what you want, Korean, Japanese, Indian.... Whatever. The UAW could not care less about you. At all. They care about -- Nothing

BTW, most new car production in the US is non-US-branded production. Nice going, UAW. Half of all US Auto Workers are non-Union now.

Attachments

• 1614955357482.png
    1614955357482.png
    356.1 KB · Views: 96
   / Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #116  
Sort of coming in late to read this thread but nothing I have read so far would stop me from buying an LS tractor?

/ Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #117  
Labour cost goes far beyond the hours to build whatever. Like someone said, paying employees that are retired, and oh yeah "injured'. An old friend at Ford Oakville Assy plant, says they would stick a hardened punch in the assembly line chain, shutting it down and it would take a long time to find the punch. Why? Because a Hockey game was on. Yeah, those people sure valued their high paying jobs. Guy lived in a monster house, with three new vehicles and a few hundred thousand dollars of FORD tools! I'm thinking that doesn't so much happen overseas.

I'm not saying I'm against organized labour. I have been around enough management and employees to know, both sides are often looking to take avantage of the other.

Last edited:
   / Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #118  
Let's hope the UAW doesn't do for the rest of America what it's done for Dee-Troit. And no, Virginia. It is not an accident.

Buy what you want, Korean, Japanese, Indian.... Whatever. The UAW could not care less about you. At all. They care about -- Nothing

BTW, most new car production in the US is non-US-branded production. Nice going, UAW. Half of all US Auto Workers are non-Union now.
Geez man, show us on the doll.... where did the UAW hurt you?

Your picture is the ancient Packard plant that they started building in 1903. Ceased producing Packards in 1956 and had a couple years making Merlin engines for P51 mustangs to help win WWII. Has ziltch to do with the UAW.

What they did to Detroit was not an accident? You mean the UAW intentionally wants to put themselves out of existence by hurting the automakers?

Anyway. I will probably buy a Korean tractor this year myself, unless I can get a Japanese one quoted low enough.

/ Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #119  
Geez man, show us on the doll.... where did the UAW hurt you?

Your picture is the ancient Packard plant that they started building in 1903. Ceased producing Packards in 1956 and had a couple years making Merlin engines for P51 mustangs to help win WWII. Has ziltch to do with the UAW.

What they did to Detroit was not an accident? You mean the UAW intentionally wants to put themselves out of existence by hurting the automakers?

Anyway. I will probably buy a Korean tractor this year myself, unless I can get a Japanese one quoted low enough.

There's no point. You only know what you know.

/ Never buy a Korean Tractor!! Especially LS or whatever their name is this year. #120  
Dude. The UAW definitely has a lot of issues and clearly adds cost to US/Nafta manufactured vehicles. But your entire world view is pretty distorted here. Labor costs are most certainly a very real and substantial part of the calculation for where to produce (assemble) an automobile. Notwithstanding your made up number of saving "just" $400. Shipping, taxes and tarrifs are also huge factors.

But, automobile production hasn't "left the USA". Not at all. For the last 20-30 years US production has hovered in the 10-12 million units/year range quite consistently, aside from the few year dip when George W's administration completely tanked our economy.

New assembly plants continue to be built in the US almost every year. Most of which do not start under UAW (until people there may voluntarily VOTE to be in the UAW). Blame the UAW all you want, but when the workers themselves vote to be included, it's not because they want their plant to fail and get shut down. It's to protect their rights, compensation and safety on the job.
George W didn’t tank the economy...muslim extremists crashing planes into the countries financial district did.

Status
Not open for further replies.