New 110TLB owner

/ New 110TLB owner #1  

CVos90

Tractor
Deere 110TLB
Hi All,

I just bought my first tractor, an 04-05ish 110 TLB. It’s pretty rusty from salt and has high hours, just north of 6k, price was right so I took the risk. I don’t have much money to drop on equipment but my wife and I are determined to build our house, and I needed a machine to do some site prep.
EBCCBF3A-0972-496C-BFCC-80F9B8E86799.jpeg

The only three REAL issues it seems to have are the f/r pedal potentiometers seem to glitch at full travel on the forward. The second is that C range seems to be gone. Nothing there I heard a grinding noise, but that was it. I am assuming the gear is destroyed. Need to flush the fluids and filters and check for debris. PO has had it for several years as a project and has assumed linkage was not working correctly but the shifter seems to be straight to trans so unlikely.

Are there any known issues with the transmissions?

How critical is it
to use the hygard low vis? We dumped in 3 gals. of Kabota oil to top off the fluids. The outrigger cylinders were off to be repacked and it lost fluid.

/ New 110TLB owner #2  
Welcome to TBN

Low vis is for the hydrostatic transmission. If you can get by with A and B speeds, then should do fine with your site prep work. C range is for road travel.

Interested in how you make out with this project tractor. Hope you have the service tech manual, or soon to get one.

/ New 110TLB owner #3  
Hi All,

I just bought my first tractor, an 04-05ish 110 TLB. It’s pretty rusty from salt and has high hours, just north of 6k, price was right so I took the risk. I don’t have much money to drop on equipment but my wife and I are determined to build our house, and I needed a machine to do some site prep.
View attachment 871405

The only three REAL issues it seems to have are the f/r pedal potentiometers seem to glitch at full travel on the forward. The second is that C range seems to be gone. Nothing there I heard a grinding noise, but that was it. I am assuming the gear is destroyed. Need to flush the fluids and filters and check for debris. PO has had it for several years as a project and has assumed linkage was not working correctly but the shifter seems to be straight to trans so unlikely.

Are there any known issues with the transmissions?

How critical is it
to use the hygard low vis? We dumped in 3 gals. of Kabota oil to top off the fluids. The outrigger cylinders were off to be repacked and it lost fluid.

Be careful of and keep an eye on the transmission case, they have been known to crack. Typically abusing the machine will cause this. Not exactly sure what causes the failure. If you do a search online you will likely find more info.

/ New 110TLB owner #4  

CVos90

CVos90, did you get my message about manual?

/ New 110TLB owner #5  
Nice. I hear the 110TLB is a really good machine. Wonder why Deere stopped making them.

/ New 110TLB owner

CVos90

CVos90, did you get my message about manual?
Just sent my email. thanks again.

its been a couple weeks since I could focus on the tractor. Lots of other things happening lately.
Some progress was made on the transmission, I took 1/2" of plastic off the back of the gear selector slot and it falls into C range perfectly, drives great. The housing must have been misaligned at some point.

I cleaned the pedal potentiometers and have not had trouble from them again.

I just adapted a pair of Magister hydraulic cylinders to the outriggers for roughly $600 as opposed to the $6,997 JD wanted. Talk about getting ripped off. The originals were butchered by a "hydraulic shop" that couldnt get the gland out. They pushed right in and out for me but were badly damaged by heat and punches, and the rods were badly scarred.

The brake linkages are seized up firm, repeated applications of blaster, kroil, and atf/acetone hopefully will get things moving again. Talk about pivot points! Nearly inaccessible without pulling the steering valve and fuel tank.

Next up is to change out some hard lines under the tractor and fit some new valve stems to the wheels, and a very loose tie-rod end. If it comes apart of course.

For $7500 i'm pretty pleased with this machine. Cant wait to get some paint and clean it up a bit.