New 3046R on The Way

/ New 3046R on The Way #21  
This is news as I recall the 3R series release video even discussed the spacers. And had a 3R mowing with spacers on.

Matt

/ New 3046R on The Way
Interesting. I asked to have my wheels set at the wide and they couldn't due to interference with the 60 inch deck wheels. I won't be using my deck for a long while so I'll swap them around. Out of curiosity, why are the spacers a must? Are you worried about stability?

Stability is my big concern, I brush hog a long a ditch line out by the road,
One of the reasons I choose the 30 R tractor was because of the spacers that JD offered as an option.
JD says wheel spacers are available in their ad for 30 series tractor, dealer has a service bulletin from Deere that says do not install wheel spacers on the 30 series tractors, at least this is what the dealer is claiming.
Putting spacers on myself could cause warranty issues which I don't want or need on a new machine.
and the dealer refuses to install them.

Guy's is pricing out a 40 series for me but it will probably cost more that I'm willing to spend, we'll see in the morning.

At least I found out about this before signing on the dotted line.

My 4310 did a pretty good job with the brush hog, but I would have liked it to be a little more stable

/ New 3046R on The Way #23  
Can you go to wider rear tyres, or dual tyres? Duals totally change the tractor. You stick to the side slopes far better.

/ New 3046R on The Way #24  
I have a 2015 3033R with 4" wheel spacer from Moto sport Tech Lenny. The John Deere 4 series 6" spacer will work because the 3R and 4R use the same 8 bolt lug pattern.
My dealer install the 4" wheel spacer for me before I pick up tractor. They also turn the wheel around ( valve stem on the inside) because the wheel weight only fit on the non valve stem side. Then I had the tire loaded.
It's been a year now. about 120 hour of heavy digging , rock lifting, tree removal, steep hill brush hogging and mowing. I also have heavy chains on the rear for snow plowing with my JD FEL hydraulic plow.

The tractor been stable and NO AXLE problems. I want the tractor to be stable even at the cost of a oil seal or baring.

My 4" wheel spacer and the wheel turn around = 6" wheel spacer with the wheel in the standard place.

/ New 3046R on The Way #25  
Can you go to wider rear tyres, or dual tyres? Duals totally change the tractor. You stick to the side slopes far better.
I looked into dual wheels. The spacer that would make it would need to be 18" long no one was will to make it up with a crazy price of about $2000. Not worth it.
Buy the JD 6" wheel spacer if you want the max wheel spacing. They are less money than after marker ones.

/ New 3046R on The Way #26  
Talking with another dealer may be an option here. Just to verify what they're telling you is correct. Just because they "claim" it doesn't always mean they know exactly what they're talking about.

/ New 3046R on The Way
Just got back from the dealer, he did show me a paper from Deere telling them not to install spacers on the 30 series tractors, letter also stated that they will be updating their options and delete the wheel spacers for these tractors.
Looks like Deere has had problems with wheel spacers used on these tractors.

/ New 3046R on The Way #28  
Could it be due to the aluminum rear end housing? Is that on the 3r tractors or just the 3e?

/ New 3046R on The Way
Could it be due to the aluminum rear end housing? Is that on the 3r tractors or just the 3e?

It was for the E and the R.

Wonder if it has anything to do with their 6 year power train warranty starting on Jan 1 2016?

/ New 3046R on The Way #30  
Good work digging that up and reporting Kubota 2350. Could be useful to some here in the future!