New 5545 Trouble

/ New 5545 Trouble #21  
If there were more good dealers like you there would be less bad threads like this.

That's why I tell all prospective tractor buyers to shop for the dealer more carefully than they do for the tractor itself.

/ New 5545 Trouble #22  
That's why I tell all prospective tractor buyers to shop for the dealer more carefully than they do for the tractor itself.

I do that myself and pay more to shop at a good dealership. Lucky that I have several around me.

For example, I recently had trouble bleeding the lines on a fuel system and I didn't understand why. It was recent auction purchase. It was already on a trailer so I took it to the dealer and since we have a nice relationship he said to just pull it in the shop. An hour later, I'm out the door for a modest amount and I gave the mechanic $20 because he is worth it and the dealership is so great.

Get a good dealer and treat them right. It's a reciprocal arrangement. Everyone has to make a living and when you really need them they are there for you. Some years they even get home made choc chip cookies from me for the holidays. I get treated like a king and everyone wins.

/ New 5545 Trouble
Thank you guys for the posts. I spent 4 hours on the 4550 tonight tilling up 3 acres. I couldn't be happier. The tractor feels like it has double the hp of the 5545. The 4550 turns on a dime too. The quality, fit, and finish is way better. The best part is the tractor runs great and it's not broke down like the 5545 was out in the field after the same amount of hours.

/ New 5545 Trouble #24  
tj200, I bought a 4550 around the same time as you. It has great power and I bought a gas caddy on e-bay so I don't have to climb up to fill it. It is 4 wheel drive with a fel. Happy so far.