New 8' mower deck. BAM

/ New 8' mower deck. BAM #1  

prs

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 650, Ventrac 4500Z AJ02248
Big Arsed Mower? Would not fit in my 8' garage door shed and I've had enough of rear discharge. But, I bet it is a great mower. Hydraulic tilt-up is "option"? Seems as if it would be totally necessary.

prs

/ New 8' mower deck. BAM #2  
AH - any pictures. What brand are you talking about?

/ New 8' mower deck. BAM #5  
Any updates on this deck (MK960)? Anyone actually experienced it ?

/ New 8' mower deck. BAM #7  
Starting at $6,940 MSRP* it's pricey too. BTW, this IS rear discharge.

/ New 8' mower deck. BAM
Vertrac has pics of it in action and Tractor Time With Tim has more on YouTube. I have the 7' contour mower and on these WV hills it is a full load on the 4700V Ventrac.

prs

/ New 8' mower deck. BAM #9  
Vertrac has pics of it in action and Tractor Time With Tim has more on YouTube. I have the 7' contour mower and on these WV hills it is a full load on the 4700V Ventrac.

prs

On one of those videos I heard it mentioned that the 8-foot deck is meant for speed and may not necessarily produce as nice a cut as the 72 finish deck.

Does that contour mower work well on Bermuda grass? And are you able to compare the quality of cut between the contour and the 72 finish deck?

/ New 8' mower deck. BAM
I have no Bermuda other than some invasive common Bermuda in my tall turf fescue.. The contour mower's max cut height is only about 3 1/3" and that is really too short for turf type fascue. When cutting shorter varieties of grass the countour shines, it is a golf course mower, although not a greens mower. The 72" cuts my grass better than did the contour, and I typically use it at the 5" setting or one to two notches down, quite tall. My judgement is that the conour is better for short grass and the newer design 72 is better for taller cutting.

prs