New B2601 owner.

/ New B2601 owner. #1  

DaveinValdez

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
What a wonderful find for a new owner to discover this site. I recently bought a new B2601 loader tractor with a ballast box and a plow. My driveway is 100 yards long with a parking areas of about 30x30' and 50x50'. Because of my location, unless you have a turn around for a firetruck and the fuel truck to get in, the insurance won't cover any damages by either. I figured the tractor would be better than my Honda Foreman with a plow. So far, great machine. I just ordered studs for the R4 tires. I have two sets of chains but find them too rough on my two ruptured disks and fractured vertebra (They will be fixed soon.).

Looking forward to a lot of post reading. It's -1 out so the woodstove and the laptop seem a better option today.

/ New B2601 owner. #2  
Welcome! You'll live this site, your new tractor, and the new implements you'll be getting to use it on your land. I sure have! Where abouts are you?

/ New B2601 owner.
Valdez Alaska. We average about 325" of snow a year so that tractor gets some use!

/ New B2601 owner. #4  
Welcome ----- You should really like your new tractor as I have the 2650 which is very close to yours and I really like mine . As I write this we are in the middle of a minor snow fall here today , only about 8 inches so they say anyways . Stay safe and enjoy

/ New B2601 owner. #5  
Valdez Alaska. We average about 325" of snow a year so that tractor gets some use!
That IS a lot of snow, way more than we average in southern Manitoba. My B2782B blower with the BB1560 box blade on the back has been a beast combo, though, but actually wishing for a lot more snow here!
All my attachments are really working out well for use in our corner of the bush here. Not sure if you'll be needing a backhoe, but it has become an indispensable part of my process. Have a good riding lawn mower for finish mowing.
Things to add to my attachments will be as can be afforded:
post hole auger
subsoiler
and a 2x2 trailer receiver type carrier box for tools etc on the 3-point.
And there'll prob be more lol...

/ New B2601 owner.
IMG_0452.JPG
This was 2012. That year we had 550". I only had a 30" Honda track driven snow blower to move it with.

/ New B2601 owner. #7  
What a wonderful find for a new owner to discover this site. I recently bought a new B2601 loader tractor with a ballast box and a plow. My driveway is 100 yards long with a parking areas of about 30x30' and 50x50'. Because of my location, unless you have a turn around for a firetruck and the fuel truck to get in, the insurance won't cover any damages by either. I figured the tractor would be better than my Honda Foreman with a plow. So far, great machine. I just ordered studs for the R4 tires. I have two sets of chains but find them too rough on my two ruptured disks and fractured vertebra (They will be fixed soon.).

Looking forward to a lot of post reading. It's -1 out so the woodstove and the laptop seem a better option today.

Lots of good Youtube videos on B2601 maintenance.

/ New B2601 owner. #8  
Hi i have a B2601 too and so far it has served me well. Had it now for about 3 years and it saw limited use for mowing, bushhogging and some light snow removal. In November we moved from city to country, on a mountaintop, so she will start seeing a LOT more use. Yesterday i borrowed my Dad's bow blade to spread some gravel at our new house. A handy implement to have but i need a LOT more practice.

/ New B2601 owner. #9  
:welcome: to TBN congrats on your new investment :thumbsup: snow removal just got lot easier. :)