NEW BX DELIVERY CHECK LIST

/ NEW BX DELIVERY CHECK LIST #1  

ZTMAN

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2380
Taking deliver of a BX2380 on the 31st of August. (FEL, Rotary Mower, Box Blade and Quick Attach for the three point.) Bought a lot of cars in my life, but no tractors. Any thing particular to be aware of or on the look out for?

I assume the dealer will do a walk through of the machine, show you how to attach and detach implements etc...

Already half way through the operator's manual but just don't know what to expect. Any advice is appreciated.

/ NEW BX DELIVERY CHECK LIST #2  
Yes, the dealer should go through safe operating practices and show you how to use it. They shouldn't have any issues answering any questions you have.

I know when I bought my first tractor, they showed me around, even though I had a very good understanding of how things work on a tractor (albeit, larger machines from working on many farms).

I can tell you... buying a tractor is not like buying a car. Once a car rolls of a dealer's lot, you lose $$$. A tractor is truly an investment, especially if it's got a FEL and MFWD. Unless you abuse the heck out of it and don't do any maintenance.

It's funny, I can sell my BX2200 for only a little less than what I paid new for it, due to inflation. It's crazy.

/ NEW BX DELIVERY CHECK LIST
Thanks Diesel. I like to take care of my equipment. When I went out to get a diesel can tonight, I picked up two cans of Fluid Film as well. Like to keep the undercarriage rust free.

/ NEW BX DELIVERY CHECK LIST #4  
One thing to check on is the fluid level in the front axle. It is often low.

Thanks Dodge Man. Will open the caps.

Delivery went without a hitch. The little fella packs a powerful punch

Attachments

• IMG_0743.JPG
    IMG_0743.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 88
   / NEW BX DELIVERY CHECK LIST #7  
Ha, ha - - A tractor as an investment. A very short story - in 1982 I bought a brand new Ford 1710 4WD. I 2009 I traded that Ford in for a brand new Kubota M6040. The dealer gave $1500 dollars more for the Ford, at trade in time, than I paid for it, new, in 1982. Twenty seven years (27 ) and the tractor APPRECIATED in value.

/ NEW BX DELIVERY CHECK LIST #8  
A new tractor delivered... Trust but verify.

Your dealership hopefully performed a full 'wet up' procedure but there are so many things that could have been missed.

Check all of the fluid levels. Grease every grease nipple (zerk). If it moves but doesn't have a grease nipple, spray it with a lubricant (WD40, Fluid Film, etc...). Torque every wheel lug. Test/snug-up every bolt/nut you can see, especially the FEL.

Then, after around 10hrs of use, do this all again.

Read your Owner Manual, front to back. Twice.

Oh, and have fun!

Thanks. Read the owners manual twice already, including the ones for the implements. Verified all grease points and fluid level in front axle.

Small shop, old timer who sold me the machine at a local fair delivered it , with his wife in tow. Think his middle name is tractor.

Knew he was a good guy when he asked if it was ok to take a leak in the woods instead of going in the camp house.

/ NEW BX DELIVERY CHECK LIST #10  
Ha, ha - - A tractor as an investment. A very short story - in 1982 I bought a brand new Ford 1710 4WD. I 2009 I traded that Ford in for a brand new Kubota M6040. The dealer gave $1500 dollars more for the Ford, at trade in time, than I paid for it, new, in 1982. Twenty seven years (27 ) and the tractor APPRECIATED in value.

Really it’s a sad commentary on what the dollar buys now vs. then.