New BX product development corroborators wanted

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
I have been giving some thought to some new products that could be made for the BX series tractors, but like most inventors, I don't have the tools to implement my ideas. I don't have a way to cut steel and I don't own a welder. Even if I did, I wasn't very good at it in the past, so there is no reason to believe that I could be good at welding in the future. Is there anyone that has these talents that might be interested in working on some of these ideas with me? All that I want out of the deal is to receive one each of the finished products for free. The "corroborator" is free to sell or give away the ideas after the idea comes to frutition..... I am thinking of one or two people that have some track record of making things from steel. I would even consider a existing manufacturer of tractor products. I am just not ready to start posting these ideas publicly. Thanks.....

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted #2  
Junkman,

Not wanting to cause you to divulge future proprietary information, but what are you thinking: Like a BX with hot/cold running water, or a built in Frig? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or maybe a porti-potty so you could go on the go????????? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My guess is you are thinking implements. I like building those and can weld pretty good. Many implements require machining, which makes it harder. I worked beside the co-founder of a company once (he was blacksmith by trade) and was in awe of what he could do. My favorite quote of his was "Anyone can build a complex machine; it takes a genius to make it simple." He was close to the genius end!

Selling stuff you build is too risky for me to try--the liability isn't worth is. For example, years ago, I saw a web listing for a "Bumper Dumper"--don't laugh--it's probably still online.
Basically, it's a metal frame with a toilet seat attached, hooked to a receiver hitch. You insert the Bum/Dum in the hitch and can do your thing in a bucket (attached) or garbage bag.
As a joke, I built one for my Brother-in-Law. It was all painted up, and gift wrapped for Christmas. Well, living in the rural Colorado area, he keeps it in his truck and uses it regularly (Pun intended) /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

My point is if you make one of these for sale, and then someone falls off it, because you didn't have warning labels on it (mine did!) like "DO NOT USE THIS WHILE THE VEHICLE IS MOVING!", you could get your pants sued off, so to speak.

To make something like this go, I think you need to come up with ideas and sell the ideas to a mfg co.

Years ago, in another life at an ag mfg co, we had guys come in all the time with wood or toy mockups of implement ideas. Many of them were functioning or semi-functioning scale models, so you could see how the implement folded up for example.

I like the idea of building stuff I can use, but I even fear selling plans cuz the guy who uses your plans and doesn't build it right might still sue you and win--risk/reward just isn't there. So I build stuff I can use. If I build something for someone else, I try to make it 100% foolproof.

You and I are pretty far apart to share metal though..........

Just my two cents. (PM me if you wish to share ideas. I swear on my BX2200 that I won't divulge your ideas with the outside world.)

Ron

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted #3  
Oh, I forgot also.

Junkman, I suggest you not let Henro on the team--all he'll want to do is drill holes in the stuff to mount lights or somethin'!

Ron

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted #4  
OK, Junkman. I'll bite.

I have the time and the tools to build stuff. And I am sort of local to you. PM me with details.

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted #5  
Ron,
We all know what his first product will be. Can you say AIRBAG. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I think he is looking for a few dummies (OK development corroborators) to help test his design.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted
Unfortunately you don't have a BX, so your offer of help won't help. You need the BX to get measurements off of for the ideas that I have in mind. I did get one PM from a person with a BX that is also interested, so I will see where that contact goes. Thanks again MadReferee for the offer.....

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted #7  
BX mounted garage cleaner?

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted #8  
<font color="blue"> Junkman, I suggest you not let Henro on the team--all he'll want to do is drill holes in the stuff to mount lights or somethin'! </font>

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Um still gonna drill my rops if I wanna... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted #9  
BX tpl mounted concrete mixer
BX tpl mounted vibrating plate, compactor for driveways.

/ New BX product development corroborators wanted #10  
I think it would be really cool if someone would make a 3pt mount blender. It would be great for lawn parties /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.