New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer.

/ New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer. #21  
WTF?
Ever load & unload a trailer like that 3-4 times in a day. It sucks!

Easy big guy.. I have been driving TT all my life at least 40 years So I now what you mean..

/ New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer. #22  
Easy big guy.. I have been driving TT all my life at least 40 years So I now what you mean..

Well, good to hear I achieved “ big guy “ status but I still think it’s better to have hydraulic landing gear, especially when the truck is loaded. Cranking the handle 25 times per once gets real old.

/ New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer. #23  
The hydraulic jacks are a game changer, but they also have their own drawbacks. I have them on my 17K gooseneck and they make it much easier than cranking, but they also settle over time when storing the trailer. I now keep a set of jack stands under the front frame for storage. You can always add a set to your Kaufman. Just takes a little fabrications and a lot of cash.

Stillwell | Stillwell Jacks - Hydraulic Trailer Jacks - Minnesota & North America

Double Hydraulic Trailer Jack Kit | Atlas 1k Stillwell Jacks – AZ Trailer Parts

/ New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer. #24  
The hydraulic jacks are a game changer, but they also have their own drawbacks. I have them on my 17K gooseneck and they make it much easier than cranking, but they also settle over time when storing the trailer. I now keep a set of jack stands under the front frame for storage. You can always add a set to your Kaufman. Just takes a little fabrications and a lot of cash.

Stillwell | Stillwell Jacks - Hydraulic Trailer Jacks - Minnesota & North America

Double Hydraulic Trailer Jack Kit | Atlas 1k Stillwell Jacks – AZ Trailer Parts

Havent found anyone who makes them for a 38,500lb trailer yet.

/ New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer. #25  
How much tongue weight are you carrying? They are good for 10,000 lbs of tongue weight. Most goosenecks are setup at 25% which would place you just under the 10k rating.

/ New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer. #26  
How much tongue weight are you carrying? They are good for 10,000 lbs of tongue weight. Most goosenecks are setup at 25% which would place you just under the 10k rating.

Frequently, I have a full trailer load of hay brought from the field to the barn and it must be unhooked/jacked up off truck.
Id guess tongue weight at ~5 tons max. I was under the impression the electric jacks rating was based on total trailer weight, not tongue weight.....

/ New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer. #27  
I'm of the impression that the jacks are rated for tongue weight. I have a Travel Trailer rated weight of 11,500# and the electric jack is rated for 3500#, the actual tongue weight is 1600#. Having said that, I also have a 14,000# gooseneck with 2 jacks rated for 12,000# holding or lifting 10,000# each, so maybe different with goosenecks? I suspect the trailer mfgr buys a truck load of jacks and uses them on all the trailers so he gets a price break and he can just pull one from inventory without worrying if it's the right one.

P.S. I hook up my gooseneck on Monday and unhook it on Thursday, so not many. Even so it's a pain in the ____ to do.

/ New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer.
Frequently, I have a full trailer load of hay brought from the field to the barn and it must be unhooked/jacked up off truck.
Id guess tongue weight at ~5 tons max. I was under the impression the electric jacks rating was based on total trailer weight, not tongue weight.....

I would not want to be in your shoes even with your heavy duty two speed jacks. Gooseneck jacks seem to have a mystery rating...what are the standards? Is it rated with a 150# guy on the crank or a 300# guy? I have 3 gooseneck trailers from 14k-22k gvw, they all have the same junky jacks rated at 10k each. I would like to see one person try and jack up 20k. Most of us only jack up an empty trailer, it is really rare to have it loaded. I doubt I could even lift 10k with a set of single speed 10k jacks.

Also, pin weight does not equate to the same weight that is on the jacks. You have to take into account, the leverage of 8' of gooseneck. 5 ton of pin weight, could, become 7 ton at the jack location. Of course, this would depend on trailer design and load placement. I don't see the need to have jacks rated for the full gvw of the trailer (you would never lift that much) however, since they seem to be way over rated, I could see the need for a higher rating just to lift part of the load.

/ New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer. #29  
Agree with the above posts. I need to research what will fit in my trailer toolbox, too. Its a little smallish for a battery, pump, switch, hoses, et al.
On the slower setting I can jack trailer up no problem, even with 13 tons of hay on it. Just takes a while

Still think the budget way is a rechargeable 1/2 electricians hole hawg, socket fitting and an adapter. But then I dont understand what to do if the drill breaks or dies....how to adapt the handle to fit back on in an emergency?

Attachments

• F8499260-376E-49E4-BE6B-46AAE5BFACD8.png
    F8499260-376E-49E4-BE6B-46AAE5BFACD8.png
    748.5 KB · Views: 109
   / New Diamond C FMAX 212 flatbed trailer. #30  
I purchased my new FMAX210 32 trailer in mid 2019. Extras included solar, tool box, hydraulic jacks, electric over hydraulic drum brakes, spare & 12 hydraulic dovetail.
I used that trailer for only four long distance hauls, empty one way and for personal use only.
First trip from dealer in Kentucky, front axle was bent and five wheels were bent. Vibration at 67 mph made the instrument cluster unreadable. Wheel vender stepped up immediately. Plus oil caps leaked so bad that by the time I reached Iowa, one hub was dry and the other three were very low.
Hydraulic jack would drop over time on the road. Hydraulic brake pump leaked fluid constantly. And the dovetail bounced like a basketball.
I got a new hydraulic jack but had to replace it myself.
I finally drove from California (home) to Texas to confront the manufacturer about all of the troubles with their trailer. I spent three days in their parking lot waiting for repairs. Axles replaced, brake pump replaced, boards replaced and half the dovetail had to be rebuilt. Dovetail still isn稚 right. And the trailer tracks to the right and left front tire rubs on the trailer frame.
I was made to feel as if a great favor was bestowed upon me. Sheez, it痴 a trailer. How many wrongs could there possibly be?