New Diamond C HDT

/ New Diamond C HDT
I have one of the older designs of HDT. Mine is 24 foot, (6 foot stationary), with the locking toolbox up front.

Question...using the winch to load a vehicle with the ramp down what method is used for the cable to slide over the lifted ramp? Pulley or some sort of Teflon/metal slide? I have thought about adding a winch to mine.
View attachment 771378View attachment 771383

Thanks for nice comments fellas.

To answer the question above, there’s a bed roller on the leading edge of the tilt bed that allows the winch line to smoothly roll across when it’s in the down position. If you look close you can see it in the pics.

/ New Diamond C HDT #12  
He does mention a "deck roller".
Sweet trailer 👍
What's did the empty weight come in at?
Oh thanks, now I can make it out in the pics. Duh.

He said empty weight was 4510 lbs. porker! lol.

/ New Diamond C HDT
That is a super nice trailer, really like the set back axles. It will be easy to adjust the load for hitch weight. One thing I do question, is the stake pockets need spaced out from being counter sunk into the I-beam. Don't look like a 2x4 will fit.

Thank you, I hadn’t noticed the stake pockets were recessed. I’ll have to get a 2x4 and see if it’ll fit.

/ New Diamond C HDT
That is a very nice trailer. EXCELLENT choice.
It has:
Toolbox
Place for Spare Tire
Hydraulic cylinder for locking and lowering.
Recessed winch - interesting idea. Looks really good. Would like to know how that works out after a year or so.
Stake pockets
Rub rail
Deck tiedowns - Not sure I would want those. But handy. I might have to park tractor on one.
LED lights - Add a few more.
Front jack looks setback somewhat - good.
Tilts where it should. With separate bed. also nice.

One of the best-looking trailers I have seen.

Only one question. It has everything else, when will you add an electric drive to the front jack??

Congratulations - nice.

LOL, the option for an electric front jack was like $3K or something, had to draw the line somewhere, just couldn’t justify the cost. It’s already a pricey trailer as is, but figured buy once cry once.

/ New Diamond C HDT
Wow, thats a slick trailer, congrats.

One question though, what good is a winch if you can't use it when the deck is tilted? Like, how would you use that winch to pull a dead vehicle on, on the side of the road somewhere? Also what keeps the winch from just trying to close its hatch under load?

The winch box has 1” steel pins that lock it in place and keep it from folding down under load. There’s a deck roller to prevent friction on the winch line while winching with the deck tilted. I’ll get some pics of the locking pins.

/ New Diamond C HDT
He does mention a "deck roller".
Sweet trailer
What's did the empty weight come in at?

Exactly 4510lbs empty. Diamond C weighs each trailer after production then makes the GVWR sticker individually.

/ New Diamond C HDT #19  
Thanks T on the roller bit.

/ New Diamond C HDT #20  
26k is non cdl, 26001 is cdl. I derate my trailers to hit 26k gcwr.

My current trailer is a diamond c dec(deck over). It has the max ramps and the sticker says it weighs 4000lb. Cat scales put it at 4880lb. That’s not good for me.
My 2022 f350 is 11400 gvwr, I guess it’s because I have a long bed.

It’s a nice trailer, curious what it scales at.