New Drill Press

/ New Drill Press #51  
Inflation has devalued the dollar consequently, things cost more.

You need to get after yours with some steel wool (000) and an oily rag...lol
No, actually I don't...

The "pretty one" (read yours) is still sitting unsold, The one that's for GO instead of SHOW, is sold and being used by someone else...

My tools work just fine and get used often...

SR

/ New Drill Press #52  
No, actually I don't...

The "pretty one" (read yours) is still sitting unsold, The one that's for GO instead of SHOW, is sold and being used by someone else...

My tools work just fine and get used often...

SR
... and rust too. :p

I surely don't have to sell (drillpress) anyway or the lathe or anything in the shop for that matter. None of mine are corroding either.

/ New Drill Press #53  
Hi Im looking for ideas and suggestions for a new drill press to replace my current porter cable floor model (its only three years old but is currently struggling and the belt tensioner broke again). It will mostly be used for drilling steel I use it extensively daily when I'm doing a project than sits for weeks unused.
Minimum 4" spindle travel, 5/8 chuck, like it to be a 20" model, minimal runout and heavy duty enough to use 1" plus hole saws and bits. would like it to be 1k or less pains me to say this but seriously considering the harbor freight 20" drill press but sold out til sept. Does not need and don't want laser alignment.
Thanks
I have a Clausing (German mfg.) that I bought used from an industrial tool/machinery supplier.
It is a magnificent piece of machinery!
Look for quality used stuff.
There is some very fine yet relatively inexpensive, used machinery out there.

/ New Drill Press
I have a Clausing (German mfg.) that I bought used from an industrial tool/machinery supplier.
It is a magnificent piece of machinery!
Look for quality used stuff.
There is some very fine yet relatively inexpensive, used machinery out there.
2272EVS1-110 - Clausing 20” Floor Drill Press, 50-2000 RPM Inverter Variable Speed 115/1
Wonder what this would cost?

/ New Drill Press #55  
There's several on ebay priced ~ $2k and up. btw, I like 5030's offer, if priced for like new condition. Beats what HFT has for more $$. You'd want to be sure you're ready for 3Ph power as often required with higher end equipment.

/ New Drill Press #56  
2272EVS1-110 - Clausing 20” Floor Drill Press, 50-2000 RPM Inverter Variable Speed 115/1
Wonder what this would cost?
The minimum speed of my Clausing model 1671 is only 330RPM, and I note that even though I bought it used, 30 years ago. it has a current value of $1,500.
A new Clausing model 2272EVS-1-110 should have a retail price of around $5400.
Try to be patient, and look for a used drill press.

/ New Drill Press #57  
A halfway worn out Bridgeport style mill makes a great drill press. Even better if it is 3 phase because you can put a VFD on it and have even better speed control and run it off of 220/240 volts. Only real downside is the weight, but a tractor can help with that.

/ New Drill Press #59  
A halfway worn out Bridgeport style mill makes a great drill press. Even better if it is 3 phase because you can put a VFD on it and have even better speed control and run it off of 220/240 volts. Only real downside is the weight, but a tractor can help with that.
I set both of mine with a Harbor Freight roll around engine hoist.