New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline

/ New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline #1  

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
It looks like Ford is coming back swinging with the new full size van offerings. There are multiple cab lengths including chassis cabs, high medium and low roofs, van and passenger wagons, even a diesel offering. This would probably make a great Class B motor home or a chassis for a Class C.

2015 Ford Transit Work Trucks | View Transit Features | Ford.com

/ New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline #2  
Any idea where these will be made??

/ New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline #3  
So Neil Young's Tonight's the Night, a song featuring the Econoline, is going to last longer than the Econloline. Not sure the song has the same ring to it with the Transit.

Bruce Berry was a working man
He used to load that Econoline{insert Transit}
A sparkle was in his eye
But his life was in his hands

Late at night when the people were gone
He used to pick up my guitar
And sing a song in a shaky voice
That was real as the day was long

Tonight's the night
Tonight's the night
Tonight's the night
Tonight's the night

Larro

/ New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline #4  
I waited and waited for the new van. Have been told for the last 2 years it's going to be here soon... Finally got tired of waiting and bought a new MB Sprinter. It's a 4cly diesel 7speed auto. Been getting 24/26mpg. I don't think the new Transit will be even close to the fuel economy.

/ New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline #5  
That MB Sprinter is a great van with a diesel.

/ New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline #6  
I waited and waited for the new van. Have been told for the last 2 years it's going to be here soon... Finally got tired of waiting and bought a new MB Sprinter. It's a 4cly diesel 7speed auto. Been getting 24/26mpg. I don't think the new Transit will be even close to the fuel economy.

Good to see this coming from Ford... still seems a bit early though, as they don't have much listed for real specs. Anybody heard the tow rating on the Transit diesel ?

Tom - I expect you'll have great service from your Benz; that's good mileage. Do you happen to know the tow rating on yours ?

Rgds, D.

/ New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline
So Neil Young's Tonight's the Night, a song featuring the Econoline, is going to last longer than the Econoline. Not sure the song has the same ring to it with the Transit................Larro

:laughing:. My first van was a 1966 Econoline, 240 CID straight six, with three on the tree. I lived in it while did one lap of the USA. The outgoing Econoline was pretty long in the tooth. I think the chassis dated from 1975-ish and the body from 1992-ish.

/ New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline #9  
:laughing:. My first van was a 1966 Econoline, 240 CID straight six, with three on the tree. I lived in it while did one lap of the USA. The outgoing Econoline was pretty long in the tooth. I think the chassis dated from 1975-ish and the body from 1992-ish.

I owned a 66 for the summer in 1972, took a tour to the West coast, and sold it for $50 more than I paid for it when we got back. Dang that engine between the seats was hot in the desert!

/ New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline #10  

My Daddy drove a '69 Falcon wagon with the 200 cid engine. He was a longshoremen, so the car was parked by the saltwater everyday. The body rusted completely off, but the engine was still going strong at 275K when he sold it.

Larro