New Ford Transit Replacing Econoline

jerrybob

Tractor
yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter
Any idea where these will be made??

Larro Darro

Tractor
3930 Ford B1750 & B7500 Kubota
So Neil Young's Tonight's the Night, a song featuring the Econoline, is going to last longer than the Econloline. Not sure the song has the same ring to it with the Transit.

Bruce Berry was a working man
He used to load that Econoline{insert Transit}
A sparkle was in his eye
But his life was in his hands

Late at night when the people were gone
He used to pick up my guitar
And sing a song in a shaky voice
That was real as the day was long

Tonight's the night
Tonight's the night
Tonight's the night
Tonight's the night

Larro

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
I waited and waited for the new van. Have been told for the last 2 years it's going to be here soon... Finally got tired of waiting and bought a new MB Sprinter. It's a 4cly diesel 7speed auto. Been getting 24/26mpg. I don't think the new Transit will be even close to the fuel economy.

3930dave

Tractor
Ford 3930
I waited and waited for the new van. Have been told for the last 2 years it's going to be here soon... Finally got tired of waiting and bought a new MB Sprinter. It's a 4cly diesel 7speed auto. Been getting 24/26mpg. I don't think the new Transit will be even close to the fuel economy.

Good to see this coming from Ford... still seems a bit early though, as they don't have much listed for real specs. Anybody heard the tow rating on the Transit diesel ?

Tom - I expect you'll have great service from your Benz; that's good mileage. Do you happen to know the tow rating on yours ?

Rgds, D.

OP
T

Travelover

Elite Member
Tractor
B7100
So Neil Young's Tonight's the Night, a song featuring the Econoline, is going to last longer than the Econoline. Not sure the song has the same ring to it with the Transit................Larro

:laughing:. My first van was a 1966 Econoline, 240 CID straight six, with three on the tree. I lived in it while did one lap of the USA. The outgoing Econoline was pretty long in the tooth. I think the chassis dated from 1975-ish and the body from 1992-ish.

jmc

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST
:laughing:. My first van was a 1966 Econoline, 240 CID straight six, with three on the tree. I lived in it while did one lap of the USA. The outgoing Econoline was pretty long in the tooth. I think the chassis dated from 1975-ish and the body from 1992-ish.

I owned a 66 for the summer in 1972, took a tour to the West coast, and sold it for $50 more than I paid for it when we got back. Dang that engine between the seats was hot in the desert!

Larro Darro

Tractor
3930 Ford B1750 & B7500 Kubota

My Daddy drove a '69 Falcon wagon with the 200 cid engine. He was a longshoremen, so the car was parked by the saltwater everyday. The body rusted completely off, but the engine was still going strong at 275K when he sold it.

Larro