New garage time!

/ New garage time! #1,241  
I have a trencher that was in the way and I wasn't able to start. I spent an hour messing with it without results, so I dragged it out of the way, then pushed it back to it's new home. I have a couple big jobs for it, so I want to keep it, I just don't want to put any time or money into getting it going when I don't have any need for it this year, or next year.

Hope you can get it started, but if you just want it moved to another location, I'd focus on the moving part of it, and deal with the starting part of it when you need to use it.

/ New garage time!
#1,242  
I have a trencher that was in the way and I wasn't able to start. I spent an hour messing with it without results, so I dragged it out of the way, then pushed it back to it's new home. I have a couple big jobs for it, so I want to keep it, I just don't want to put any time or money into getting it going when I don't have any need for it this year, or next year.

Hope you can get it started, but if you just want it moved to another location, I'd focus on the moving part of it, and deal with the starting part of it when you need to use it.
With the backhoe bit down and to the side, I'm not sure I can drag it. I don't have anything else remotely heavy duty enough to reposition the hoe. I wasn't planning on using it this year or next, but maybe if I get it running, I'll bang out some stuff that I had on the list for it. I think with a strong battery it'll be enough. Maybe I'll drain the fuel and put in fresh.

/ New garage time! #1,243  
Can you run a portable gas tank to it maybe with an electric fuel pump? See that a lot on YT. Jon

/ New garage time!
#1,244  
Can you run a portable gas tank to it maybe with an electric fuel pump? See that a lot on YT. Jon
You mean for fresh gas? It's getting fuel to the carb with gravity feed just fine. I thought about buying a 1 gallon fuel cell for that.

/ New garage time!
#1,245  
She moves!

New fuel filter, new fuel, new battery, half a can of starting fluid, tires inflated. It sank pretty well over the years so I had to rock it back and forth a bit to get out of it's hole. It's really light on the front end, so heading up hill is moderately terrifying and there's no steering or brakes.

nOuvjFT.jpg

This is supposed to be gas.

gh9Nskw.jpg

aSvgA9I.jpg

totRHs0.jpg

PlKWT6V.jpg

/ New garage time! #1,246  
Good job getting it running!

/ New garage time!
#1,247  
One of the main lift cylinders for the bucket sprung a leak. I really don't want to take it off. But it looks like the leak is coming from the base of the hose connection. I am terrified that this whole thing will crumble if I take a wrench to it.

But this isn't an issue for right now. Need to get the garden going first.

rDHKkBO.jpg

/ New garage time!
#1,248  
Dug up the dirt that was saturated with hydraulic oil, put new dirt down, cleared some brush and a few tree's, then ran into the ferguson. Put the battery on the charger, put some gas in, spray some ether in the intake, cranked for about 30 seconds, and fired up after 9 years of sitting. Went to lift the bucket and nothing. Hydraulic oil had all drained out. Added hydraulic oil, and the bucket moved. So I started it and went to go and dug myself out.

I'm amazed how strong that engine runs, it didn't stall once even after that sitting. And it just spun the tires when it was sunken in trying to get over the hump.

emWUTZ4.jpg

lCAGJXe.jpg

uOSRGMS.jpg

pwsjgNE.jpg

ztGvOk3.jpg

qhyRLTI.jpg

pCM4Xym.jpg

58d7AJa.jpg

/ New garage time!
#1,249  
Finished clearing the area. Got my tiller ready last month and broke it out. Started right up, and hit that red clay hard. I'm going to need some fertilizer. Maybe something nitrogen based.

L91gXnq.jpg

/ New garage time! #1,250  
From what I understand, fertilizer takes about 6 months to actually show any changes to the soil. It should be done twice a year, with a long term goal of achieving your desired NPK levels in five years.

To improve your soil for planting this Spring, you will have the best results by bringing in new garden soil and mixing it with your red clay.

I just had 8 yards delivered to my place and we're slowly getting it into our raised beds. My land is all red clay and iron ore. It's great for pine trees, pasture grass and roses, but not very good for growing veggies because of how acidic it is, and how hard it gets in Summer. Most common treatment is to add lime to lower it's acidity. I had it analyzed and I need one ton of lime per acre. I've done this a few times, and it seems to help, but it's a never ending process. It's much faster and cheaper to just buy better dirt.