New garage time!

/ New garage time! #1,111  
I spent 14k on lumber, right now it's sitting at about 300%, that's nearly 45k.

To date i'm at 96k, I just added it up today. From the stone, buying the 24" bucket for the backhoe, buying the bobcat to do cleanup, concrete, block, stone, rebar, wire mesh, pex, lumber, steel joists, siding, garage doors, man doors, nails, screws, rafters, siding, roof panels, trim, and a bit of labor.
That sounds about what I would have expected. So money wise you could have built "75%" of it this year and it would have cost an additional 25% this year compared to last just factoring in the higher lumber. Other things are up so maybe 30% more. I am looking at building a barn so curious where you came out. Thanks for the input.

/ New garage time!
#1,112  
Wood has dropped 400 points this week, the prices should be reflective in 2 months or so on the shelves if we're lucky. Lumber isn't moving as fast right now so they need to sell their expensiv elumber before they can buy cheap lumber and sell it at cheaper rates.

/ New garage time! #1,113  
Thanks. 1x12 was $45, but 3/4 plywood was $57. And I wanted deeper shelves. So I ripped the plywood in half. I wasn't sure about the inside corner strength but it's shockingly sturdy. Everything is tied together with an absurd amount of screws so I think I'm ok.
You could always add a vertical support, at the corner where the 2 pieces of plywood come together. Canned goods get heavy.

/ New garage time!
#1,114  
One of the challenges has been how am I going to get these 13'x18" roof panels up to the roof safely and effectively. I was looking at bucket lifts or backhoe lifts or fork lifts but the roof is 25' off the ground and every option came short. So eventually I found scissor lifts and that seemed to fit the bill perfectly. Called up the rental place and 2 weeks was $2400. I said I'd let them know.

Hopped on the facebook marketplace since craigslist is all but dead. Scissor lifts were 5-6k all day long. "Ok half the price of a rental" but still not an easy to swallow pill. Then one popped up for $2500 that goes up 20' and I thought, this will be perfect. Called the guy, sent a deposit, picking up on friday.

9fFQgww.png

/ New garage time! #1,115  
Having your own is so much nicer than a rental. I use mine out in the mud by booming it down onto the trailer and pulling it around with my tractor.

/ New garage time!
#1,116  
Having your own is so much nicer than a rental. I use mine out in the mud by booming it down onto the trailer and pulling it around with my tractor.
Sure, but it's becoming a bad habit. I've bought a bobcat, ditch witch, air compressor, and now man lift for this garage. I did rent the jumping jack compactor. But yeah, I have big plans for this lift, and that's a good idea using it on the trailer so you can go off road.

When not in use I figure I can just park it in the back of the garage so I can use it to access the 2nd floor. I thought they all had 300-350lb capacity, but this thing is 750lbs, which is considerable. I think I'll really be happy with it(although the wife wasn't).

/ New garage time! #1,117  
Since I started my six month barn/shop build a year and a half ago I have added a few necessary tools (two scissor lifts, a bunch of Makita and Dewalt cordless tools, a second tractor, a 30' gooseneck trailer, etc...). I heard one time that whoever dies with the most tools wins (as long as it was not a tool that killed them) so I am operating on that assumption. My wife, on the other hand, just hopes that she dies first so she does not have to deal with all of my "junk".

View attachment 700995View attachment 700996View attachment 700998

/ New garage time!
#1,118  
Seems like I can't see your attachments. But this was just the big stuff, got a full set of milwaukee m12 tools. I have nearly every tool in triplicate, my wife says when I die she's having a yard sale, everything $1 each. So if I die, it's in everyone's best interest to start searching for yard sales

/ New garage time!
#1,119  
Brought it home today. Exceeds expectations in every way. Except one. Insanely easy to bottom out. No ground clearance. Which means it'll be fun to move into position. Unloading I had a bit of a bouncing event and set off the out of level alarm, which disabled everything. Not knowing how it works it took some doing to get rolling again. Definitely not an off-road machine. Reading the manual max is 6 degree slope. Which is probably good for something as top-heavy as it is.

Then unloading I beached. Had to jack up one end and put 2x4's under the wheels so I could fully get off the trailer.
Still once I learn how to properly use it, and get things set up so I can move around, I think it will be an incredibly useful machine.

wVH9GTy.jpg

/ New garage time! #1,120  
Heck, I'd consider using it as an elevator, parking it semi-permanently in the stairwell, and keeping the battery charged.

Good find.