New GC1705 owner

/ New GC1705 owner #31  
Steve, didn't you have problems with Ag tires on steep lawn? I would think they would rip sod like no tomorrow. I got turfs for that reason and I have to say - I fully expected them to do good on my steep lawn areas - but I sure was surprised how very well they do for traction on snow and ice - and my driveway is almost as steep as my lawn. I don't use chains in winter and we had lots of ice this year.

I have one particularly steep part of my lawn that stays wet. No rider I've had in any tire configuration I've tried (turfs, R1's, R4's) will mow it without tearing it up.

I didn't have a problem with the Ag tires but when they would slip, they would dig. Most of this was made a non issue by learning the trouble spots and engaging the diff lock before a rear wheel slipped. The R4's, on the other hand, seem to get better traction on lawn grass and tear up less when they do slip.

My lawn started out as very rocky hillside woods. It has been a work in progress in my free time for years. Although it's coming together and I'm proud of what it is now in comparison to what I started with, I'ts not at the point where a few tire spin marks are an eye sore.

/ New GC1705 owner #32  
Have any of yall had your 3 point hitch to whine? I have right wt 4 hours on mine and my three point hitch whines with the the box blade at one spot. Also it will not drop all the way down it goes so far down then stops. I have to get off push it down to get low enough to hook up to box blade.