Snow New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue
Thanks for all the help everyone! MF Red, you are correct, the cylinder is upside down. Everything was assembled by the dealer, so even though I probably would have made the same mistake myself, I won't take the blame (but will probably goof something else up).

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #12  
I hope that corrects your problem, and I guess It was a lucky guess on my part since I could not really see much detail in the dark pictures.

Glad to help.

KC

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #13  
Just checked mine, and yes, it appears the cylinder is upside down -- there's supposed to be a separate swivel-link thing in there, on the lower end toward the locking lever. My 2310 is a lot older, but I believe the quick-hitch/blower is the same. With the swivel-link facing downward, there's plenty of room for the lever to clear it.

PS -- I also have hydraulic lines that exit the cylinder straight, no need for 90s.

DSC09198.jpg

MF Red and irvingj, thank you for all your input and help, I appreciate it. I attached the cylinder in it's correct position and the locking lever had enough room to clear and flatten the pin, which allowed more play in the hydraulic lines fixing that issue. I attempted to attach the snowblower, but the pin and slot would correctly line up. I noticed that there are spacers between the swing arm portion and the hitch frame itself. One is on the inside between the swing arm and the frame and one is on the outside (see the 2 pictures).

Essentially on the right side you have the nut, the swing arm, a spacer then the hitch frame, & the other side you have a nut, the spacer, the swing arm and the hitch frame. The hitch is not square, which doesn't allow the pin to properly align with the slot as the 2 spacers being on different sides of the hitch frame make it out of square. IMG_0770.JPG IMG_0771.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    804.8 KB · Views: 68
   / New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #15  
Give the swinging nose a shove sideways and see if it slides back and forth a quarter inch or so. It’s heavy, push hard or use a big screwdriver to wedge it one way or the other.
From what I see, it is assembled correctly, but the moving nose piece is shifted towards one side?
That inner spacer is actually like a hockey puck, but drilled for the big bolt. It clamps against the outside of the tractor half of the main frame, projects thru the moving nose and the nose is retained onto the puck by the big fiat washer (and lock washer) and the big nut.
It becomes a sort of a (removable) dowel or a short, giant pin, for the movable nose to rotate on.
At least, on mine it does.
I’ll go out in a bit and get a few pics of mine, as it is currently not mounted, and all the mounting parts are visible.

Last edited:
Thanks Ipakiz!

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be assembled correctly, but the pictures might not show that too well. On the right side you have the nut, lock washer, large washer, swing arm, spacer and hitch frame. On the left side you have the nut, lock washer, large washer, spacer, swing arm, then hitch frame. On the right side the spacer is between the swing arm and frame and on the left side it is between the large spacer and swing arm.

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #17  
On mine, the swing arm appears to have shifted to the left (tight against right side), opposite of yours. That "spacer," essentially a solid steel bushing, fits inside the large hole on the swing arm, and there's room for the swing arm to shift right or left, perhaps 1/4". I wonder if the shifting is due to the piston essentially acting on only one side, but not sure. In any case, the swing arm shifting one way or another shouldn't be a problem. I believe your quick-hitch is assembled correctly.

Pics below of mine, viewed from the rear, as well as some pics from the Quick Hitch Assembly Manual. It shows the configuration of only the right side of the swing pivot, but the other side is identical-- from the outside: nut, lock, large flat washer, bushing, and the bolt that goes through from the inside. Hope this helps!

Also a shot of the final assembly, clearly showing the piston correctly oriented.

PS-- after using your blower for a bit, CHECK THOSE BOLTS! They WILL loosen up, perhaps the swing arm, but definitely the 4 bolts on the mounting brackets on the rear of the blower proper. I've lost bolts before!

DSC09199.jpg DSC09200.jpg DSC09201.jpg DSC09202.jpg DSC09203.jpg

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #18  
Irving,
Thanks for those pics and your explanation. That is exactly how mine is assembled.
I suspect the OP has not seen the components in a disassembled state and doesn’t realize the device he calls a spacer is not just a thick washer, but in fact, is a puck with a hole thru it to accommodate the bolt. He is only seeing the visible part of the puck, not the rest of it. I think.
Also, on the big bolt, called #3 in the pic, I welded a short piece of 1/2 inch rod across the head so I don’t need to use a wrench on both ends of the bolt.
And yes, get them tight and check them periodically. I use a 4 foot piece of pipe on the wrench when I torque the big nut.

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #19  
ok I am a bit confused, maybe you all can set me straight.
org topic talks about a 2360 which is front mounted yet the talk is about the quick hitch which (per link) is the Pats hitch system for the REAR 3 point hook.
which would not be used on front mount correct?
please set me straight.
thanks

edit: ok I see whats happening the words quick hitch AUTOMATICALLY create a link to the pats system while the org topic was talking about the MASSEY quick hitch. thats what got me. sorry

/ New GC1723 Owner - Snowblower Attachment Issue #20  
Simply put, these are two separate and distinct quick hitches. The conventional 3-point on the rear, and in the case of snowblowers or front brooms, a front mount quick hitch, usually utilized with a belly PTO shaft.