New Gooseneck

/ New Gooseneck #21  
10-4 I don't blame you on wanting to haul as much as possible with fuel prices what they are and as long as you have the room to get it into places no problem, what I have found is a lot of driveways have a nice 16' gate no problem except there is little to no setback off of the road and it's literally impossible to get a long gooseneck in , sometimes I just use my 20' bumper pull in those cases as it follows the truck better in a tight driveway, but it in no way handles the load or rides as good as the gooseneck does.
I have to deliver hay frequently between pillars at the end of farm driveways and my 38,500lb, 35’ long GN is about as big as you want to try on them. Just delivered a load to a guy raising beef and I was off the driveway with trailer tires on the grass.

1661907601582.jpeg

Last edited:
   / New Gooseneck #22  
I have to deliver hay frequently between pillars at the end of farm driveways and my 35’ GN is about as big as you want to try on them. Just delivered a load to a guy raising beef and I was off the driveway with trailer tires on the grass.
Delivering hay to a new place or customer can be a pain , you can ask ahead of time . Can I get a long gooseneck trailer into your place? and it's almost always yes of course, I come in and out with my horse trailer all the time, then you get there and you have to try to figure something else out and you find out that their horse trailer is a 12' bumper pull.:oops:

/ New Gooseneck #23  
Delivering hay to a new place or customer can be a pain , you can ask ahead of time . Can I get a long gooseneck trailer into your place? and it's almost always yes of course, I come in and out with my horse trailer all the time, then you get there and you have to try to figure something else out and you find out that their horse trailer is a 12' bumper pull.:oops:

The story of my life! Got to the point where if theres any question, I don't pull in until I’ve walked the driveway & turnaround.

/ New Gooseneck #24  
Why I quit delivering long ago. They want to buy rounds, they can come here. Besides with fuel what it is, delivering can be costly.

/ New Gooseneck #25  
First thing to fail will be the floor.

5030 always kicks in with positivity. It just brings the thread to a higher level.

/ New Gooseneck
5030 always kicks in with positivity. It just brings the thread to a higher level.
The old saying:
"It takes all kinds to make the world go round" :)

/ New Gooseneck #28  
Why I quit delivering long ago. They want to buy rounds, they can come here. Besides with fuel what it is, delivering can be costly.

Delivering the hay to the customer is a 2nd chance to make more money.
Once on the hay
Twice on the delivery.
Also there’s a third opportunity to make money: bring tractor and stack in their barn.

The cost of fuel is always factored into the delivery price, whether it’s $2/G or $5/G, just like a farmer like myself, prices the sale of feed hay, fuel or any other input cost drives the price.

1661907773420.jpeg

Last edited:
   / New Gooseneck #29  
There are a few times that I would like to haul a tractor, topdresser, and a skid steer in one load.
Lately we have been taking 2 trucks and trailers to most jobs. Just today I burned $200 of fuel in my truck pulling my 28' gooseneck, and the other truck was on the job too with a borrowed 27+5 trailer.

My employee says he is comfortable pulling any length trailer I would get.

Anyway, I appreciate your input. Thanks.

I agree with wanting to haul stuff together but isn’t a 14k on the light side for doing that?

/ New Gooseneck #30  
I agree with wanting to haul stuff together but isn’t a 14k on the light side for doing that?
The trailer I am considering (see my link in post 16) has a 25,900 lb GVWR.