New grapple won't close all the way.

/ New grapple won't close all the way. #13  
I have a 1990'S Kubota B2710 that has served me well since I've owned it (10 yrs±)
Last December my Everything Attachments grapple finally arrived. I didn't need it until Spring, so it's only been attached a few months.
Maybe 5-10 hours on it, and suddenly it won't close but half way. -------------
I don't even know how to diagnose this problem. Help?
Remove these bolts/pins.
The lid should close.
Operate the lid cylinders, see if they both extend all the way.

grapple.png

/ New grapple won't close all the way. #14  
^ Right. By disconnecting the cylinders, you can independently check if it’s a cylinder not extending, or if the grapple can open and close without them without binding somewhere

/ New grapple won't close all the way. #15  
I wonder - are the seals in one or both of the hydraulic cylinders allowing fluid to go past the piston and effectively stopping the cycle. This may also explain why the upper lid is operating slowly now.

/ New grapple won't close all the way. #16  
Symptoms of Improper function of the 3rd function solenoid valves?

/ New grapple won't close all the way. #17  
Sure hope he comes back and sees all of the good replies.

screenshot-www.tractorbynet.com-2022.09.15-09_18_56.png

/ New grapple won't close all the way.
I have a 1990'S Kubota B2710 that has served me well since I've owned it (10 yrs±)
Last December my Everything Attachments grapple finally arrived. I didn't need it until Spring, so it's only been attached a few months.
Maybe 5-10 hours on it, and suddenly it won't close but half way. Seems to open OK (A little slow maybe), but closing just comes to a stop around the halfway point.
Plenty of fluid in the reservoir (maybe too much?).
I don't even know how to diagnose this problem. Help?
OMG! Sometimes the simplest solutions confound me...
Sure enough; one of the hose connections had come loose. Plugged it back in tight, and all works great.
SO relieved! THANK YOU ALL for the great suggestions and help!! You've averted me from going into a high-speed wobble....

Of course; this means that now I have to put the bucket back on, and start loading wood into the garage...