New guy/New Tractor

/ New guy/New Tractor #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
Hello to everyone. I joined here some time back but have never posted yet. I figure this is a good time to start. I stopped by the local Kubota dealer this morning and purchased a new L2501DTL with the pin on bucket and R4 tires. It felt like the right size for my chores. I usually run my '52 8N with a 5' bush hog brand finishing mower and 6' box-blade. The N grunts a little but will do the job ok. I also have a two bottom plow and 6 1/2' disc harrow for running over the garden area. I have gotten to the point (make that age at 59) of really needing a front end loader tractor. The N does fine for what I usually do but those are not really fit for a front end loader as there is no power steering, weak front pivot pin etc and will wreck the front on those. So I took the plunge to the Orange side. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow afternoon and I will post the requisite pics when it comes. I have 71 acres (Central Alabama) most of which was torn up by the F4 tornado several years ago. I need to get in there and work some more trails clear of debris as those little volunteer pines sure do take over where I don't want them too. I'll check back when it gets here tomorrow. Thanks. P.S.: the reason for my screen name is I do have a '66 mustang that I've restored, hence gwstang. :D

Mustang beside my youngest sons '56 cheby pickup we restored together.

/ New guy/New Tractor #2  
Hi. Glad you started posting. Looking forward to the pics. Kubota is a great tractor.

/ New guy/New Tractor
Thanks Dave. I hadn't realized that I joined back in 2009. About time I get involved in the forums.

/ New guy/New Tractor #4  
Just looked on the specs for the L2501DT;looks like a real upgrade from the 8N.It should be able to handle your implements with no problem.
Congrats!

/ New guy/New Tractor #6  
Congratulations.
Seems like every time I get to know the Kubota models, Kubota changes all the model numbers again. So I need pictures to know what you have.

/ New guy/New Tractor #7  
Welcome and congratulations on the new tractor :drink:

/ New guy/New Tractor
   / New guy/New Tractor #9  
Congratulations on your New Orange!

And Welcome to the Forum!

My Hoe

/ New guy/New Tractor
Thanks, the guy called me this afternoon and the driver had gotten sick. He offered to bring it out at dark but I said no problem that in the morning was ok. He'll be here first thing.