New House Build in WA

/ New House Build in WA #21  
That foundation is one heck of a puzzle!!!!

Do you build houses for a living?

/ New House Build in WA #22  
Thanks, that adds a lot to what you are doing.

Hopefully you are not like most contractors, and you will actually finish your house!! :)

/ New House Build in WA #23  
Completing a project before starting another project has proven to be impossible for me. My wife is a nurse, and everything is an emergency. Oddly, those emergencies never have to get done, they just have to get started and worked on to a certain point to where it's no longer an emergency. My current emergency is that the dogs are walking through the raised garden beds and I "HAVE" to get a fence built around that area. Once you get animals, everything is an emergency!!

/ New House Build in WA #24  
Thank you for taking time for updates...

/ New House Build in WA #25  
You really have me confused with all those sonotubes lined up next to each other. Why not build a form like the rest of the walls and pour them as one?

/ New House Build in WA #26  
Looks like quite a project...

My circa 1977 Underground Feeder 400 amp service has had lots of problems last 15 years... sometimes just hear sizzle in the duff.

Last time PSE said cable needs to be replaced...

I asked how soon would they be out and the person said we don’t do that anymore.

Are you underground and how does that work with PSE?

My experience is utility responsibility to Meter?

/ New House Build in WA #27  
The two rows of sono tubes are for a deck off the back of the house. Tubes in the front of the house/side of the garage are for pillars on the porch. I was going to pour the deck pads months from now, but just decided to have it all pumped at the same time and save on labor.
I get the sonotubes for the deck posts, it's the ones in white that are right next to each other, and inside your foundation, that I don't understand?

/ New House Build in WA #28  
Thank you. I grew up in the SF East Bay and every house I ever worked on, or knew of, was pier and beam. I never saw a slab foundation until I moved to Texas. But the older houses here are Pier and Beam, and they have the most foundation issues. Nothing wrong with Pier and Beam, but they didn't put the footings deep enough to handle the movement of the soil. Most are just brick on top of some concrete.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of how your pier and beam works. It's just very odd to me to see them right next to each other like that.

/ New House Build in WA #29  
Thank you. I grew up in the SF East Bay and every house I ever worked on, or knew of, was pier and beam. I never saw a slab foundation until I moved to Texas. But the older houses here are Pier and Beam, and they have the most foundation issues. Nothing wrong with Pier and Beam, but they didn't put the footings deep enough to handle the movement of the soil. Most are just brick on top of some concrete.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of how your pier and beam works. It's just very odd to me to see them right next to each other like that.
60 years ago, while still only a Civil Engineering student, but working a Summer job, I designed a concrete beam foundation set on creosoted oak pilings (driven into swampy wet material).
The building is still standing!

/ New House Build in WA #30  
Thanks for reply... Gig Harbor is one of those special places for sure.

Due to the run it would be costly to run conduit... Almost 15k for Comcast to bring in cable from same utility pole...