New House Build in WV

/ New House Build in WV
Countertops were installed, and we are very happy how they turned out. Working on plumbing fixtures, but slow going this weekend due to sons ball games, daughters 5 grade graduation, and running to get parts and pieces. Seems I can never manage to get everything needed in one trip.....

Picked up more trim boards, hope to start painting trim sometime this week, but lots of ball games. Luckily, next weekend is a day weekend, so hoping to make lots of progress. Wife is ready to start moving in, so I better get moving a little faster.

/ New House Build in WV
Things are going slow, but going. All sinks are in, one hot water tank operational, all toilets functional.

Been working on sanding, painting and installing trim. It’s and endless job that I really do not enjoy. Maybe 30-40% done. Lots more to go.

Biggest frustration has been ordering stuff, waiting on it, then it shows up damaged......bought 2 bathroom cabinets from a cabinet place, picked up Friday, installed first no problem. Open second box and the front was busted, clearly dropped in shipping. Wife wasn’t waiting for another to be ordered so went to Home Depot and picked one out. It’s now installed.

She also bought a mirror and bath cabinet/ mirror while there. Opened both to install today, both mirrors broken. Same happened with our kitchen sink a couple weeks ago. I’ll be opening everything up before buying from now on.

Haven’t taken a lot of good pictures but here are a few.

IMG_8058.jpg

IMG_8059.jpg

IMG_8060.jpg

IMG_8061.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

/ New House Build in WV #453  
First time that I've ever seen a recessed box used for a toilet water supply. Is that common where you live?

/ New House Build in WV
First time that I've ever seen a recessed box used for a toilet water supply. Is that common where you live?

Not sure if it’s common or not, but I saw it and liked the idea of not having plumbing coming up through the floor.

/ New House Build in WV #455  
Usually it comes up in the wall, and a 90° out thru the wall, eschusion over pipe and then the valve.

/ New House Build in WV #456  
Not sure if it’s common or not, but I saw it and liked the idea of not having plumbing coming up through the floor.
It has a nice clean look. (y)

/ New House Build in WV #457  
A friend ordered a new refrigerator back in March at Lowes. Still hasn't come in. They have now told her middle of July.

/ New House Build in WV
A friend ordered a new refrigerator back in March at Lowes. Still hasn't come in. They have now told her middle of July.

Ordered ours first week of November and received them first week of April. Crazy lead times on almost everything.

/ New House Build in WV
Slowly making progress. Big news is that my HVAC guy showed up early this week and got my system completed so we now have A/C.

IMG_8064.jpg

I got siding on half the back of the house today.

Got one water heater working this week and finished all but the vent on the second one. All sinks are plumbed and operational. Also got all the vanity cabinets and lights installed. Trim and master shower is pretty much all that’s left on the inside and I’m probably 30% on the trim.

Tried to rent a metal break to bend metal around my porch beams so I can move on with soffit but only rental place I can find that has one, just sold it and hasn’t replaced it yet. If I can’t round on up, I may have to use pvc boards to face out the beams. I like the look of that, but those boards are pricy, and I already have the metal.

I had previously posted that I sold my double wide. Well the buyers have disappeared and will not return my messages. I guess they could not come up with the money. I put it back up for sale yesterday around 3pm, and sold it again to the first person who got here to look at it. This time I got money up front to take it off the market so they have some risk as well. They can’t get anyone to move it until late July, unfortunately. Crazy how hard it is to hire anyone. If they are any good, they are booked solid.

I’ll get more pics to post tomorrow.