New Kubota M7040 here!

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #41  
Congrats on the new tractor! I'm also looking at the M7040 but can't swing the cab cost so likely will go the SUD route like NativeSon. What are the main differences? BTW - the quote is for $36,500 M7040SUD w/ FEL, 3rd option remote, pallet forks and canopy/lights. How's that for price? I'm pretty excited to get rid of my MF 265 - on my 2nd busted spindle right now.:(

I was in your position. I took a lightly used M-7040 with a cab and have no regrets. There's a lot of them out there. Mine's still under warranty and was 10K less than a new one. Even got good financing from dealer.

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #42  
A farm not too far from us (canoe & myself) sold for $77 million, bought by a developer. That is for 180 acres.

Which is why I will be moving way north, can't afford anything major down here.

Price of land around here is depressing to say the least - for me anyway!

There are some nice parcels of land - about 100 acres or so around my place that are in the 1.5 - 2 million range. Most have the most basic house which would need quite a bit of upgrading or a wholesale tear down.

I'm still hopeful that I will find the right 50 to 100 acre parcel for under a million with a house as nice as mine and outbuildings and so on, if we move strategically in a few years. One of the major highways is coming up north of me - currently it is about 10-15 min south of me. Hopefully that will raise the resale value of my place.

Man, I sure couldn't afford to live up there.:eek::eek:

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #43  
I really like my M7040 SUD, it's handled everything I've asked of it. I don't mind having to shift it, but then I'm a little old fashion. I've hauled big round bales, drug down trees to the brush pile, used the BB to put stone down on the drive, and while it has been dry this summer I dug a small stock tank out in the pasture that is now, with the rain, holding water.

I love my Orange Beast!!

Charlie

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #44  
Thanks Charlie. I'm pretty old school too - 10 years plowing snow, baling etc w/ a 1952 8N then 15 more on a MF 265. Both open cabs etc .... Just wondering about things like the diff lock etc. I don't need extra flashers etc but the diff lock I've found useful on my MF.

With the QA loader, are you limited to only using QA attachments? I use a hay grapple and it's not QA.

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #45  
Price of land around here is depressing to say the least - for me anyway!

There are some nice parcels of land - about 100 acres or so around my place that are in the 1.5 - 2 million range. Most have the most basic house which would need quite a bit of upgrading or a wholesale tear down.

I'm still hopeful that I will find the right 50 to 100 acre parcel for under a million with a house as nice as mine and outbuildings and so on, if we move strategically in a few years. One of the major highways is coming up north of me - currently it is about 10-15 min south of me. Hopefully that will raise the resale value of my place.

Wow that's crazy high! For that kind of money you can buy a very nice and manicured horse farm down here in KY! Some of the best looking "farms" you will ever see! :thumbsup:

Why such high land prices? Are you near a metro area like London? :confused:

/ New Kubota M7040 here!
Why such high land prices? Are you near a metro area like London? :confused:

That's exactly it. I am an hour away from downtown Toronto. I guess I have the luxury of being able to commute to work in 35-40 minutes in rush hour - yet live the rural lifestyle on a 'hobby horse farm'.

/ New Kubota M7040 here!
Thanks Charlie. I'm pretty old school too - 10 years plowing snow, baling etc w/ a 1952 8N then 15 more on a MF 265. Both open cabs etc .... Just wondering about things like the diff lock etc. I don't need extra flashers etc but the diff lock I've found useful on my MF.

With the QA loader, are you limited to only using QA attachments? I use a hay grapple and it's not QA.

You get a diff lock on a M7040 as well. That and 4WD which is priceless!

You can get your hay grapple retrofitted to use QA by using a weld on plate or brackets for the grapple.

Do consider the cab. Like Builder you might find a lightly used machine with a cab for the same price as new. I doubt you will regret a cab.

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #48  
You get a diff lock on a M7040 as well. That and 4WD which is priceless!

You can get your hay grapple retrofitted to use QA by using a weld on plate or brackets for the grapple.

Do consider the cab. Like Builder you might find a lightly used machine with a cab for the same price as new. I doubt you will regret a cab.

Not only that, you get a limited slip front differential.
Cabs are great, they help you in ways you never thought of (bee stings, dust, allergies-how about music and phone calls!!!!) They allow you to work in so much more comfort and allow you more time in the field without burning up or freezing!!!

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #49  

Bunchgrass, only used the diff lock a couple of times but it sure is nice and the limited slip front is a plus on the hills and in the mud that we have around here.

I think you would have to have the grapple set-up for the QA. I have a QA hay spear that can be put on or off really quick. The QA is also a blessing.

Have fun and be safe

Charlie

/ New Kubota M7040 here! #50  
I like the M-105S & newer M105X series. They actually have a locking pedal or electric switch for the front axle, too. Great tractors for the nasty stuff. That's probably going to be my next purchase. Even if duffster says I can't afford it. LOL