New Kubota Tractor Purchase

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #21  
Just something to think about but I just paid 44k for a M7060 with 12speed, canopy, cast wheels and loader. There are deals out there so go on tractor house and email all dealers within range. Most will offer free delivery within a few hours of your location. My local dealer wanted full list. I asked for a discount and he said that’s about all they could do which pissed me off. I’m in sales and have to discount my stuff so it’s just a thing for me now. Anyway, I
Like the M better as I’m not a fan of the small displacement engines. Just a personal preference as they tend to not have much low end oomph if you know what I mean. But it has no HST option so there’s that which if that’s what you need then it’s not a option for you. But the tilt wheel, 12speed, 16.5 gallon hydraulic flow, are nice. Good luck with your purchase and you will be happy with either of the choices your looking at.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #22  
I'm not sure enough emphasis has been put on the advantages of the HST+ transmission. Before, I was always singing the praises of shuttle and powershift - and I still prefer them for a mostly field work tractor or long distance to travel..... and they are decent for loader work too.

But for loader work a HST is simply nicer. And if you like a HST transmission, you are going to love the HST+. It has a lot of settings to customize the way that the HST works, and it gives the operator a huge instantaneous torque increase for tough jobs. You can gear up or down half a range with a movement of one finger. When it starts to lug, a movement of one finger is like someone just added 50% more HP.

Amazing advantage. What's even more amazing is nobody else has it.

HST+ doesn't seem to have a downside. I don't recall a single negative comment on it by anyone since it came out. Zero hiccups....& no problems. Ours is now in it's 15th year of mostly loader & BH work. We work it hard. It hasn't changed one little bit.

rScotty
Bingo, Scotty.

Would not wish to give up the HST+ in my L6060.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #23  
Last edited:
   / New Kubota Tractor Purchase #24  
Just something to think about but I just paid 44k for a M7060 with 12speed, canopy, cast wheels and loader. There are deals out there so go on tractor house and email all dealers within range. Most will offer free delivery within a few hours of your location. My local dealer wanted full list. I asked for a discount and he said that’s about all they could do which pissed me off. I’m in sales and have to discount my stuff so it’s just a thing for me now. Anyway, I
Like the M better as I’m not a fan of the small displacement engines. Just a personal preference as they tend to not have much low end oomph if you know what I mean. But it has no HST option so there’s that which if that’s what you need then it’s not a option for you. But the tilt wheel, 12speed, 16.5 gallon hydraulic flow, are nice. Good luck with your purchase and you will be happy with either of the choices your looking at.
Wish I lived where you live.

My dealer is 4 miles away and will not deliver a new tractor to me without charging $135/Hr from the time the driver picks up the truck keys to the time when he puts them back on the nail.

Next closest dealer, about 30 miles also charges for delivery of new equipment, though not quite as much.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #25  
Only on open station.

Standard equipment on cab versions unless things have changed recently.

My 4060 with cab didn't. I bought it in 2019. If you look at the spec sheet I posted, the mid is optional for each GL model.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #26  

My dealer is 4 miles away and will not deliver a new tractor to me without charging $135/Hr from the time the driver picks up the truck keys to the time when he puts them back on the nail.

Next closest dealer, about 30 miles also charges for delivery of new equipment, though not quite as much.

Apparently we are on the edge of going back to previous discounts etc. I think it depends on how many units or inventory is available at each given dealer. I emailed and called multiple dealers within a 200 mile range. The one I went with had 3 M7060’s and I think wanted to reduce inventory before year end. I actually thought he missed priced me. The trick is to find someone needing a sale at month or year end.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #27  
My 4060 with cab didn't. I bought it in 2019. If you look at the spec sheet I posted, the mid is optional for each GL model.
Sorry.

Needed internal shaft to mount mid PTO without splitting tractor to install such shaft standard equipment on cab versions but not ROPS models.

Accordingly, mid PTO easily installed after purchase on cab models but not ROPS models, which require split.

Sorry for the confusion.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #28  
I'm not sure enough emphasis has been put on the advantages of the HST+ transmission. Before, I was always singing the praises of shuttle and powershift - and I still prefer them for a mostly field work tractor or long distance to travel..... and they are decent for loader work too.

But for loader work a HST is simply nicer. And if you like a HST transmission, you are going to love the HST+. It has a lot of settings to customize the way that the HST works, and it gives the operator a huge instantaneous torque increase for tough jobs. You can gear up or down half a range with a movement of one finger. When it starts to lug, a movement of one finger is like someone just added 50% more HP.

Amazing advantage. What's even more amazing is nobody else has it.

HST+ doesn't seem to have a downside. I don't recall a single negative comment on it by anyone since it came out. Zero hiccups....& no problems. Ours is now in it's 15th year of mostly loader & BH work. We work it hard. It hasn't changed one little bit.

rScotty
👍👍

The HST+ is what sold me when buying my first GL5460, an open station I use along tree lines. I liked it so much I recently bought a cabbed version for summer mowing. The Hi/Low at my fingertip is terrific. Pricy yes. I intended to sell the open station but it sure is very nice having two tractors so I’m dragging my feet selling it. Less implement switching for me. Plus the open air on nice days. 😃😃

Note: I got 15% off of MSRP in 2018 on the first one, only 10% recently on the second with both from the same dealer & salesman. He said it was basically supply & demand.

Last edited:
   / New Kubota Tractor Purchase #29  
Don’t minimize those larger front tires. They add more stability on rough ground, and especially for FEL work.
Not minimizing them at all. Don't know if stability is the right word here.....but larger front tires ride smoother on rough ground.
HST is big for some. I'm one of them.

Being able to have my wife of 12year old boy operate the tractor with confidence is nice.

I don't have to climb on and off the tractor after moving 30' at a time when mulching trees, and I can let my son plow the garden. And for bushhogging....nothing better.

I have said dozens of times before....if Kubota would put a HST in the smaller M's, like the 5660, 6060, and 7060....I'd be first inline to buy. I want them taller front tires for smoother riding

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #30  

My dealer probably has a million dollars in delivery trucks sitting on his lot. I assume he probably charges to pick up something for service work but new sales get delivered for free.