New Kubota Tractor Purchase

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #31  
You are so right. I got the bigger radial tire upgrade on my M7060. Man are they smooth. Like a Cadillac compared to my other tractors.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #32  
My dealer probably has a million dollars in delivery trucks sitting on his lot. I assume he probably charges to pick up something for service work but new sales get delivered for free.

Yep a lot of dealers offer free delivery but you have to push some of them a bit. I’m sure service visits do cost though.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #33  
Wish I lived where you live.

My dealer is 4 miles away and will not deliver a new tractor to me without charging $135/Hr from the time the driver picks up the truck keys to the time when he puts them back on the nail.

Next closest dealer, about 30 miles also charges for delivery of new equipment, though not quite as much.
Its all in negotiations.....

Would you feel better if he charged you ~$300-$400 more for the tractor so he can mark it on paper as "free" delivery?

No one is delivering free. The trucks, trailers, and fuel all cost money. Its all being paid for by the business, which is in business to MAKE money.

Dealers that have "free" delivery are just masking it in their prices. Dealers that "charge" are just itemizing it for you so you know where your money is going.

Those who like to haggle and get the bottom dollar price....go to a dealer that has "free" deliver and get the best price you can. After that, I bet if you declined the "free" delivery and said you'd pick it up.....99% chance you can get another couple hundred bucks knocked off

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #34  
Its all in negotiations.....

Would you feel better if he charged you ~$300-$400 more for the tractor so he can mark it on paper as "free" delivery?

No one is delivering free. The trucks, trailers, and fuel all cost money. Its all being paid for by the business, which is in business to MAKE money.

Dealers that have "free" delivery are just masking it in their prices. Dealers that "charge" are just itemizing it for you so you know where your money is going.

Those who like to haggle and get the bottom dollar price....go to a dealer that has "free" deliver and get the best price you can. After that, I bet if you declined the "free" delivery and said you'd pick it up.....99% chance you can get another couple hundred bucks knocked off
Bingo.

Absolutely no negotiation regarding delivery from my dealer.

Yes, they will re-write invoice so as to hide delivery within PDI, etc., but profit center billing demands shop gets paid for delivery.

Well aware that all businesses are such so as to make money for the owners.

As recently as 7-10 years ago, this was not the case but so-called profit centers changed the paradigm.

Been negotiating for many decades.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #35  
Sounds like your dealer is just trying to push what they have on hand.....either that or they are ignorant about their own models.

The L6060 is actually HEAVIER, and has a STRONGER loader, and is LONGER than the MX. For all intents and purposes, the L6060 is the BIGGER tractor of the two.

But the differences are so minor. 100# heavier, less than 100# more lift capacity, and only about an inch longer.

There arent two more closely spec'd tractors on the market. In the real world, preformance would be as identical as one can espect. If the MX cant do something, neither can the L. IF the MX can do something, so can the L.

The two BIGGEST differences are
1. The GrandL is a luxury machine. The MX is basic. So I'd suggest you sit in and drive both. Then decide if the luxury us worth the premium $$$
2. The MX has larger front tires. This boggles my mind honestly. I dont understand why they dont put the larger tires on the larger GrandL's
Oftentimes, max front tire sizes are determined by interference issues with frame/FEL components at full lock and full axle oscillation.

Manufacturers do not wish to have warranty claims from outliers who choose option, adjustment preferences.

FWIW, during home PDI, I always check (and usually adjust) steering stops to achieve minimum steering radius. Of course, I do so after jacking up tractors and checking for interferences between frame/FEL, etc., at full lock and full axle oscillation. Nearly always, I am able to increase maximum steering lock, but there have been instances where interferences occurred with factory settings.

Who knows the interference issues with GL and MX tractors and whether Kubota has exhaustingly investigated all. Even if so, it costs $ to change front axle gearing, so Kubota may have declinied to do so even if larger front wheels/tires could be fitted to L6060 with modified gearing.

Last edited:
   / New Kubota Tractor Purchase #36  
Wish I lived where you live.

My dealer is 4 miles away and will not deliver a new tractor to me without charging $135/Hr from the time the driver picks up the truck keys to the time when he puts them back on the nail.

Next closest dealer, about 30 miles also charges for delivery of new equipment, though not quite as much.
Any reason you can't simply put an SMV emblem on the tractor and drive it home? My Kubota dealer is also 4 miles away and that's what I do.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #37  
Any reason you can't simply put an SMV emblem on the tractor and drive it home? My Kubota dealer is also 4 miles away and that's what I do.
Could, but very dangerous on heavily traveled main roads.

Did drive 52 8N to/from a couple of years ago on back roads.

With Sherman combo in 4th/Hi range, tractor would go a bit over 20 MPH. Not too dangerous aside from half mile or so between back road connection and dealer on 4 lane. Had friend follow me in car with flashers on and he said that he would not do so again.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #38  
I have both an MX5800 HST and an L6060 HSTC. Both are great tractors and have their strengths & weaknesses but I wouldn't be without either one. Based on my experience, this is all I can add to the good info already posted here.

I looked at the M series before buying and the added HP would have been nice but I'm too addicted to the advantages of the HST trans. I do a lot of loader work with bucket & forks in tight spaces and the HST is a real time saver.

Without doubt, the MX is a slightly "stronger" machine. The LA1065 FEL will lift a bit more than the LA1055 on the L6060 and I use it for all my earthwork. I much prefer the "iron on iron" feel of the LA1065 joystick. The cable actuated LA1055 does not have a positive feel, likely due to a minute amount of cable stretch. I find it more difficult to feather than the LA1065. I complained to the dealer about it but they claim this is normal. They checked over the mechanism and it's up to spec.

The L6060 is a heavier machine but it doesn't have the raw pulling power of the MX. (R14's on both) I don't know for sure but it may have something to do with the larger front tires on the MX. I have a BH92 hoe which I use on both tractors and, for some reason, the hoe throws around the L6060 more than the MX even though the L6060 is heavier. Weird.

To me, the HST+ transmission on the L6060 alone makes it worth the extra $$. It's like having 6 gear ranges instead of 3. I can leave the trans in high gear most of the time and just switch on the fly between H and L range on slopes. I have to stop and drop a gear on the MX. The air ride seat, auto throttle advance, stall guard, inteli panel and other doo dads are just icing on the cake. I use the cabbed L6060 for inclement weather work like plowing in zero degree temps and mowing when it's 90+. The MX gets the nod for everything else.

I also prefer the old style treddle on the MX over the newer design on the L6060. This is a minor issue though and just requires some adjustment to my operating style when I use either machine.

Keep in mind these are just my observations based on the way I use the tractors and my personal preferences. Others may use their machines differently and will likely have other opinions.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #39  
I have both an MX5800 HST and an L6060 HSTC. Both are great tractors and have their strengths & weaknesses but I wouldn't be without either one. Based on my experience, this is all I can add to the good info already posted here.

I looked at the M series before buying and the added HP would have been nice but I'm too addicted to the advantages of the HST trans. I do a lot of loader work with bucket & forks in tight spaces and the HST is a real time saver.

Without doubt, the MX is a slightly "stronger" machine. The LA1065 FEL will lift a bit more than the LA1055 on the L6060 and I use it for all my earthwork. I much prefer the "iron on iron" feel of the LA1065 joystick. The cable actuated LA1055 does not have a positive feel, likely due to a minute amount of cable stretch. I find it more difficult to feather than the LA1065. I complained to the dealer about it but they claim this is normal. They checked over the mechanism and it's up to spec.

The L6060 is a heavier machine but it doesn't have the raw pulling power of the MX. (R14's on both) I don't know for sure but it may have something to do with the larger front tires on the MX. I have a BH92 hoe which I use on both tractors and, for some reason, the hoe throws around the L6060 more than the MX even though the L6060 is heavier. Weird.

To me, the HST+ transmission on the L6060 alone makes it worth the extra $$. It's like having 6 gear ranges instead of 3. I can leave the trans in high gear most of the time and just switch on the fly between H and L range on slopes. I have to stop and drop a gear on the MX. The air ride seat, auto throttle advance, stall guard, inteli panel and other doo dads are just icing on the cake. I use the cabbed L6060 for inclement weather work like plowing in zero degree temps and mowing when it's 90+. The MX gets the nod for everything else.

I also prefer the old style treddle on the MX over the newer design on the L6060. This is a minor issue though and just requires some adjustment to my operating style when I use either machine.

Keep in mind these are just my observations based on the way I use the tractors and my personal preferences. Others may use their machines differently and will likely have other opinions.
Well said from a man who knows Kubota tractors.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #40  

Surprised the MX feels strong and better with the hoe. Specs would lead one to believe the slight advantage would lean toward the L