New Kubota Tractor Purchase

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #41  
Overall I have not had happy experiences with Kubotas larger tractors. Not everything was bad, but repair costs after 2500 hours got out of control.
I fared pretty well when they had lower hours, and many of you may never see that many hours on yours, but my experience has been disappointing.
I’m ready to run my last bigger Kubota, my M-126X down the road here any week now and replace it with something else.
Hopefully the smaller ones we use for lawn mowing will hold up better.

I’m not saying this to demean the brand in any way. I still think Kubota builds a lot of good equipment. Kinda of sad about the way both my M’s started having all kinds of trouble towards the end. They were handy, pretty reliable tractors, but suffered numerous repairs.

I’m not under the delusion that other brands don’t have their share of problems-they do.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #42  
Surprised the MX feels strong and better with the hoe. Specs would lead one to believe the slight advantage would lean toward the L
It surprises me as well. It could have something to do with the fact that the hoe is mounted farther back on the L6060 HSTC to allow clearance for the cab. This may give the hoe hydraulics more leverage against the tractor frame??

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #43  
Unless you have 10k to burn on niceities like tilt wheel and premium seating. My inderstanding is the MX is also blessed with a bigger heavier rearend than the L models.
And bigger front wheels. Small front wheels are a negative on rough ground, slows you down a lot.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #44  
Surprised the MX feels strong and better with the hoe. Specs would lead one to believe the slight advantage would lean toward the L
I'm thinking it has a lot to do with the hight, the MX on R4s is lower and wider than an L on R1s I believe.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #45  
Overall I have not had happy experiences with Kubotas larger tractors. Not everything was bad, but repair costs after 2500 hours got out of control.
I fared pretty well when they had lower hours, and many of you may never see that many hours on yours, but my experience has been disappointing.
I’m ready to run my last bigger Kubota, my M-126X down the road here any week now and replace it with something else.

I’m not saying this to demean the brand in any way. I still think Kubota builds a lot of good equipment. Kinda of sad about the way both my M’s started having all kinds of trouble towards the end. They were handy, pretty reliable tractors, but suffered numerous repairs.

I’m not under the delusion that other brands don’t have their share of problems-they do.

What year and How many hours are on the M’s? I just bought one so hopefully don’t see the same issues.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #46  
What year and How many hours are on the M’s? I just bought one so hopefully don’t see the same issues.
2010 M-135X 2800 hours. I sold it in May 2022. Had complete glow plug system failure due to PCM failure ($6,000 to replace PCM). Also had electrical system failures for dash readouts. Front suspension system never worked correctly. It was a nice tractor, but issues.
2011 M-126X 3200 hours. Currently for sale. Has had wandering steering since new. Hand pump replaced twice at $1,800. Had complete injector failure- $6,500. Rear axle seal leak. Both front axle bearings & seals replaced about $1,000. Range selector sensor issues.

They are decent at best tractors. They start & run, but many of the periphery systems have failed. Fuel system is a joke-Injectors are poorly protected. PTO solenoids and pump failures. Very spendy to fix. Hydraulic steering very poor (steering wander). Lots of codes.

I’m just being honest. I see so much brand “protection” going on here.

Pick your poison. Quite honestly, they’re all prone to failure when used for agriculture.

Last edited:
   / New Kubota Tractor Purchase #47  
Hay Dude says "Pick your poison. Quite honestly, they’re all prone to failure when used for agriculture." Sounds right to me. In Ag you work em hard, pay for maintenance & repairs, and still make a profit...It is the same in any work requiring tools. Tools have wear and failure issues.
Most of the members here will put as many hours on their tractor in a year as you will in a week. So they are not going to see the same issues.

Last edited:
   / New Kubota Tractor Purchase #48  
Hay Dude says "Pick your poison. Quite honestly, they’re all prone to failure when used for agriculture." Sounds right to me. In Ag you work em hard, pay for maintenance & repairs, and still make a profit...It is the same in any work requiring tools.
Most of the members here will put as many hours on their tractor in a year as you will in a week. So they are not going to see the same issues.
Also those tractors are older models. Possibly some of those issues have been addressed in current models?

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #49  

I've noticed the same situation happening with Kubotas here too. The ones that see any sort of modest to high work loads in their life, ended up getting sold in the 3000-ish hours time frame. Doesn't really matter the size, from the smaller 25 hp ones to the big boys.

And no, it's not a dig at Kubota either. It's just from what I see from the used market and experiences that folks in my country share.

/ New Kubota Tractor Purchase #50  
I've noticed the same situation happening with Kubotas here too. The ones that see any sort of modest to high work loads in their life, ended up getting sold in the 3000-ish hours time frame. Doesn't really matter the size, from the smaller 25 hp ones to the big boys.

And no, it's not a dig at Kubota either. It's just from what I see from the used market and experiences that folks in my country share.
Could it be that 3000 hours for non commercial use is a pretty old machine. Maybe people are itching for new by that time?