New L3240 arriving Friday!

/ New L3240 arriving Friday! #1  

sub80

Tractor
None - Looking
New L3240 arriving Friday!

I finally made a decision and I have to say how grateful I am for all the information available in these forums. I liked the L3800 but discovered that å±*erky 3pt hitch and that would have been a problem for me. The 3240 was the tractor I originally had my eye on so it didn稚 take much to move me over to that model. From what I can tell everyone with a Grand L absolutely loves it.

I ended up with the following.

L3240 HST-3
HD Loader
HD Bucket w/ QA
Land Pride QA Forks
3rd Function Valve (for a grapple still researching)
R4ç—´ with Rim Guard
Two rear work lights
84 Landscape Rake
72 Box Blade

Mark at Issaquah Honda Kubota was a pleasure to deal with. Very responsive, fair on pricing and did what he said he would do.

Looking forward to getting some work done. :licking: I値l have the camera ready when she gets here. Thanks again to everyone in forums this would have been a much more difficult process and less fun without your help.

/ New L3240 arriving Friday! #3  
congrats on your new tractor.

/ New L3240 arriving Friday! #4  
You won't believe what you can get done in a day with that machine! Of course some on this forum would say that your really not getting a tractor ... unless we get some pictures 8^)

-Jim

/ New L3240 arriving Friday! #5  
Congratulations! I ventured into the L world at one time, a L3240HSt and it was Grand!:thumbsup:

/ New L3240 arriving Friday! #6  
Congratulations on your new tractor, very nice machine.:thumbsup:

/ New L3240 arriving Friday! #7  
Nice!!!!!!I had a L3130HST ,you should be very happy with that tractor.I don't know if you are going for a full grapple..check out the thumbs that can be added to your bucket,that with a tooth bar is pretty handy.A little less weight and cost.

/ New L3240 arriving Friday!
Thanks everyone - I'll be sure to snap a few photos. On the grapple I'm thinking of going with a full grapple. Any recomendations would be appreciated.

I also meant to ask if anyone thinks the 72" box blade is to big for the tractor. The rear R4's (loaded) measure right under 72" so it should just cover the tracks - but if it's going to bog down it wouldn't bother me to get a 66 or a 60 either.

I live in Western Washington on a very flat lot. Our soil is mostly glacial till - lots of rocks. Initally I'll be using it level and grade after I clear brush, trees, and stumps. I'm not in a huge hurry so if I have to go a bit slower I don't mind. If I have to go twice as slow with a 72" as I would with a 60" then I would make the change.

Thanks for the input.

/ New L3240 arriving Friday! #9  
Would you mind sharing the prices for the tractor and each option? I'm almost to the point of buying and the 3240 is one of the contenders.

thanks!

-Jeff

/ New L3240 arriving Friday! #10  
Congrats Sub80. Enjoy the new rig!

So I gather from your comment, the L3800 inherited the jerky 3PH problem of its L3400 predecessor? Wow, if that's the case I am really surprised Kubota didn't sort that out for the model update.

Last edited: