New L3430 HSTC

/ New L3430 HSTC #1  

AB4D

Silver Member
Tractor
Prior: Kubota BX-23, Kubota L3430HSTC, Kubota ZG23, L3560 HSTC Limited Edition, Current: L6060 HSTC
Hi TBN,

I finally got around to shooting some photos of my new Kubota L3430 HSTC. Thanks to all the posters who directly and indirectly guided me to decide on this tractor. I'm sure I made the right choice. Don't mind the photo of my wife's Kubota ZG23, I just didn't want the Zero Turn to feel like it was being ignored. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just follow the link which takes you to the photo album and click the button to "view album as guest".

Jim

AB4D's L3430HSTC

/ New L3430 HSTC #2  
Nice Score /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ New L3430 HSTC #3  
Thanks for the photos. Definately a good choice! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ New L3430 HSTC #4  
Nice tractor!

Just wondering, doe's the FEL control valve get in the way of getting in the cab from that side? I'm thinking of getting a 723 for my 3430HSTC.
BTW you will love the heat and air and don't forget to install a good CD player too. I can give you any tips on the cd player if you have questions.

Mark

/ New L3430 HSTC #5  
Baby brother to my M9000HDCC3. You will like it. I had a 5030 cab tractor I traded for the M9 (It made the down payment!!)

My only word of caution would be the bucket you have. That's a material bucket and Kubota's material buckets are for just that, moving loose material. A few Kubota's ago (I have had many), I made the mistake of getting a material bucket instead of the round back heavy duty bucket. I broke the bucket numerous times in the front corner where the scraper edge is welded to the side sheet. I would imagine that the bucket will be okay for light duty loose material, but heavy digging in clay or rocky soil, even with a tooth bar will impose enough strain to seperate the weld in the corner.

/ New L3430 HSTC #6  
I would love to have a cab, heat, and air but the price just won't let me justify- no more that I get to use a tractor. Very nice and thank you for the photos, it gives the rest of us something to dream about.

/ New L3430 HSTC
[doe's the FEL control valve get in the way of getting in the cab from that side?]

Mark,

The FEL remote valve control doesn't really get in my way, but I am not that big. However, I can see where the FEL control location may be a problem for a larger individual. For me, I am so used to using the "drivers" side door of vehicles that I probably will never use the other door.

Thanks for the offer of information about the radio/cd. Does Kubota have the cab pre-wired for a specific brand of radio (panasonic), or is there just a bunch of wires behind the blank face plate?

Jim

/ New L3430 HSTC #8  
I can answer the question about the radio and harness. The harness is generic and the radio is a DIN mount as are all radio's today.

I think I am going to sell the radio that is in my M9 which will fit any Kubota Cab model. It's a Panasonic am/fm cassette and is tradenamed "Kubota" on the front. I need a weather band am-fm and I am eyeing another Panasonic DIN mount to replace the present one.

My Joystick on the M9 is mounted to the floor and swivels out of the way for ingress and egress unlike yours which mounts on the fenderwell and severely limits the access from the right door. My 5030 was the same way. Of course the cab on the M9 is quite a bit larger and has more features like a sun visor and padded headliner. The cab on the M9 is the same as the 105-125 old series.

I might add that the radio harness and the speaker harness are already istalled above the headliner and cab roof. It's just a matter of popping off the blanking covers and installing the speakers and radio. I really like the location of the speakers....it's just like wearing headphones....one in each ear.

/ New L3430 HSTC #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I really like the location of the speakers....it's just like wearing headphones....one in each ear. )</font>

I maybe wrong, but I think thats not the case on the L-Series tractors. There are two kits - the radio and a second thats the antenna and speakers.

/ New L3430 HSTC #10  
Hmm...anybody know if that's the case -- the antenna not being supplied with the cab on the Grand L's? I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a L5030HSTC, and am not going with the Kubota radios as I'll be installing a marine unit along with some higher quality 4in speakers. However, I figured that the cab was already wired for the antenna. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Jay