New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote?

/ New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote? #1  

friendlywithbears

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060, KX057-5
Hey all,

I just took delivery on a shiny new L6060 (woo!). While most of my implements are back ordered into oblivion, I at least got my hydraulic rear blade to play with. When I started using it I noticed something really funky with my rear remotes. I'm hoping someone could give some feedback on what might be up.

For context, I ordered 3 rear remotes, 2 detent and 1 float. My understanding is that a single float is always installed in position 2. In this video I explain and show what's going on with the three, but in summary, remote 1 and 2 don't have float detents but work fine otherwise, while remote 3 is nearly impossible to move in the back position, as if it's fighting something. If I REALLY put my strength in to it I can make it go but the hydraulics are whining and fighting me.

My engineering mind thinks that they installed the float in remote 3 and maybe backwards, so that pulling back on the remote lever is fighting the float detent in the wrong place.

The dealer rep so far has said that that's just the float valve and that's how it's supposed to be. I am of course pushing back but am hunting for more understanding to help with the diagnosis from-a-distance since I'm so far from the dealer.

Here's the video, and of course a glamor pic :cool:

PXL_20220112_214307664.jpg

/ New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote? #2  
Best action to take is just give that tractor to me and go buy a different one.........(ha ha).

nice tractor

I have no answers, but am sure someone will be along soon with some advice.

/ New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote? #3  
Reconnect the hoses for remote 3 and retest, one may not be seated or connected fully.

If no change, swap the hoses between remote 3 and 1 or 2 and see if any difference.

/ New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote? #4  
This is a WAG but try reversing the 2 lines on the 3rd valve that's kinda complaining.
From there you can play with all the positions.
Before you get used to the controls, I'd figure out what function that you'll use the most - to the least and use the level closest to you to the oddball back singular position in that order. I have 3 remotes and.... that's just the way I think. 😉

/ New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote? #6  
If it's squealing, you are deadheading the pump. Not good and will eventually either destroy the pump or pop a hose. Both My M's have triple remotes and the float remote is on the top of the stack with a flow control just under it.

/ New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote?
Reconnect the hoses for remote 3 and retest, one may not be seated or connected fully.

If no change, swap the hoses between remote 3 and 1 or 2 and see if any difference.

I'll definitely give both of those a try, thanks.

/ New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote?
If it's squealing, you are deadheading the pump. Not good and will eventually either destroy the pump or pop a hose. Both My M's have triple remotes and the float remote is on the top of the stack with a flow control just under it.

That was my worry. I'll fiddle with the hoses to see if there's any issue there.

When you say "top of stack with a flow control just under it", can you clarify what you mean by that?

/ New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote? #9  
On the rear of the tractor the "stack" of valves and couplers that your levers are connected to.

/ New L6060, what's wrong with my rear remote? #10  
For your float position it may take a push past the operate position to get to the float mode.
Number three check the hoses if that doesn't fix it get the dealers rep out to check it out.