New Member, New Tractor CT225

/ New Member, New Tractor CT225 #11  
Yes, the lower edge is where the tooth bar bolts on. It's amazing how much those teeth help when going into a pile of dirt or gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNeto

/ New Member, New Tractor CT225
My tractor:

IMAG0551.jpg

/ New Member, New Tractor CT225 #13  
Do you have a level indicator bar on the right arm of the loader? It is a steel bar that slides through a black tube. When the end of the steel bar is equal with the end of the black tube your bucket is level.

I also have a CT225, and it has a level indicator.

/ New Member, New Tractor CT225 #14  
I don't have a tooth bar installed. I'm assuming that is a bar that goes across the front of the bucket, yes? I noticed the bucket has a "lip" there with some holes that I am guessing is for putting a replaceable cutting edge and/or a tooth bar? Was thinking about that the last time I was using it and wondering if I shouldn't get something on there before I do some damage to the bucket.

IIRC, my dealer said those holes are for bolt-on teeth, not a cutting edge--although I'm sure you could also use them to bolt on a cutting edge. The bucket is designed to work as-is. A tooth bar can help the bucket be more aggressive in hard-packed material, or when digging, but it's not required.

I adjusted the level indicator on Saturday and it looks like that will be a big help now that it will actually indicate something. It was too dang hot to do much else though so I didn't experiment much with it.

I'll have to think about getting a tooth bar for the bucket.

/ New Member, New Tractor CT225 #16  
I don't know if the ct225 bucket is different than my ct235 bucket, but my 235 has a bolt on cutting edge. I have the 68 inch bucket and ordered the cutting edge from my dealer. I had to go out and count the bolt holes in the bucket because the partsman said that there were 2 different blades. My bucket has 8 bolt holes. Bobcat bolts for the blade are expensive. I went down to my local farm dealer and bought plow bolts and they worked just great. For all of you guys that have concerns about being too far from your dealer, I am 4hrs away from mine. My dealer is in Salina, Ks (central Ks.) and I live 15 miles from Colorado. The last time my tractor was at the dealer was when I purchased it. It's almost 3yrs old and just turned 200hrs on it today.

Interesting. Mine is a 68" bucket as well. I'll have to look into what is available.

/ New Member, New Tractor CT225 #18  
I think there were a 3 buckets available a 62" a 66" and a 68."

/ New Member, New Tractor CT225 #19  
I too have the 68" QA bucket and purchased the bolt on cutting edge from the dealer for $151.64 in 2009. It included the bolts to attach it to the bucket.

Thanks. Will have to check in at the dealer.