New member ,new tractor! New grapple

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #11  
We sell this Custom 3rd function kit for your tractor all the time. Take $50 off if you have a Wicked Grapple on the way!
Travis

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #12  
Unless your remote lever is in very close proximity to your loader valve.....forget using the remotes.

And even if it is close, I would think it to be very cumbersome to keep swapping your hand from loader valve to remote valve and back again.

Either a diverter or 3rd all you to keep your hand on the loader joystick at all times. Much more natural and ergonomically laid out....an productive.

Why are you so stuck on OEM not offering a kit? Aftermarket works well and is affordable and proven

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #13  
The MIE Third Function Kits offer the following unique operating characteristics:

All MIE 3rd Function Kits use a proprietary Manifold with "Continuous Power Beyond". In other words, you do not interrupt the Power Beyond flow to the back of the tractor while using the Loader 3rd Function.

Because of the "Continuous Power Beyond" feature, you cannot dead-head the tractor hydraulic system with the 3rd function.

Our Manifold includes a pressure compensated Flow Control Valve. This allows the operator to adjust the flow to the 3rd Function so you can set how "quickly or slowly" the implement responds to the Joystick Control Button.

The 3rd Function Manifold also includes an separate Pressure Relief Valve dedicated to the 3rd Function Circuit.

Our kits are offered as "On-Off" with adjustable metered flow, or Proportional Control with the use of a Joystick Slide Switch.

We have listened to our customers and have developed a 3rd Function Kit that addresses the comments we received. We also offer our Electric Selector Kits, which have had a long history of solid performance for Grapple and front Snow Plow applications.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #14  
I'd factor in cost, functionality and ease of installation when deciding on a 3rd function kit.

Customers have submitted over 120 reviews for the kit we offer, so buy with confidence!
Travis

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #15  
Unless you have NO plans for the rear remotes - a third function on the joy stick is sure nice. I have a WR Long third function(electric over hydraulic) on the joy stick for my grapple. Its a true pleasure.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #16  
I’m on my 3rd WR Long Kit and very satisfied. One on my New Holland TL100A, one on my LS XR4155HC, and one on my previous LS XR4046HC. I’m sure there are other fine 3rd function kits out there but the WR Long kits work very well.

I wouldn’t consider trying to use rear remotes for a microsecond. IMHO it would be unwieldy at best trying to move your hand from FEL joystick to finding the correct remote handle then back and forth. It would undoubtedly be slower operation. Many TBN members are doing it this way but, I suspect it’s because they’ve never had the opportunity to operate a true 3rd function. Your hand never leaves the joystick and operation of your grapple becomes muscle memory quickly.

20170506_153327_resized.jpg

IMG_1775.JPG

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #17  
I agree, a third function kit would be nice, but really it is no problem using the rear remotes on the Kioti. They got it right and the FEL joystick and the lever for the rear remotes are in pretty close proximity.

See pile of brush
Open grapple. (95% of the time it is already open from dumping the last load)
Drive into pile of brush
Close grapple ( not even necessary with a lot of the stuff I pick up. just tilt the rake back. My everything attachments rake has some wicked sharp serrations on it that grab and hold stuff almost too well)

I know everyone's use is a little different, but for me, I just don't find myself constantly manipulating the lid of the grapple.

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #18  
I had this kit installed on my new nx 4510 and its sweet looks factory. The people are real nice to work with also. From michagan iron and equipment

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #19  
Checked with two different dealers,no third function remote upgrade available. Im gonna use rear remotes.

Our dealer offered the same W.R. Long set-up that Everything Attachments offers.
From what I have read thus far about MIE's new 3rd function it sounds pretty neat too, however all the information I can find is what they have posted here. I'm unable to find anything on their web site (may be my fault)

Another option you have is to simply part out & build your own. It might save you a few dollars here & there but don't go into it with that mindset. Also making your own you will likely tweak things to just how you like it vs adapting to "out of the box".

Several folks here have taken that route (myself included) and been quite happy with the results (which also means plenty of help for you to do your own if you need it).

I had photo hosting issues with my build thread so I went back and revised it & made it into a PDF so it's easier to share. If you give it a quick breeze through, you should be able to decide if the DIY vs Factory route is for you or not.

Best of luck either way & Happy Grappeling

Attachments

• 3rd function build - Revised.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
   / New member ,new tractor! New grapple #20  
Our dealer offered the same W.R. Long set-up that Everything Attachments offers.
From what I have read thus far about MIE's new 3rd function it sounds pretty neat too, however all the information I can find is what they have posted here. I'm unable to find anything on their web site (may be my fault)

Another option you have is to simply part out & build your own. It might save you a few dollars here & there but don't go into it with that mindset. Also making your own you will likely tweak things to just how you like it vs adapting to "out of the box".

Several folks here have taken that route (myself included) and been quite happy with the results (which also means plenty of help for you to do your own if you need it).

I had photo hosting issues with my build thread so I went back and revised it & made it into a PDF so it's easier to share. If you give it a quick breeze through, you should be able to decide if the DIY vs Factory route is for you or not.

Best of luck either way & Happy Grappeling

You can see our 3rd Function Kit options 2 ways:
michiganironandequip.com - use the MIE Machinery Group Tab in the upper left corner of the Home Page - Select from the Products dropdown
miemachinery.com - Select from the Products dropdown.

Hope this helps