New member ,new tractor! New grapple

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #21  
You can see our 3rd Function Kit options 2 ways:
michiganironandequip.com - use the MIE Machinery Group Tab in the upper left corner of the Home Page - Select from the Products dropdown
miemachinery.com - Select from the Products dropdown.

Hope this helps

I've always thought a true third function valve gets it's fluid from the tractor's power beyond instead of robbing the fluid from an existing function.

To clarify things...

Is the kit you are offering simply a diverter which robs fluid from an existing loader function?
Travis

divert.JPG

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #22  
I've always thought a true third function valve gets it's fluid from the tractor's power beyond instead of robbing the fluid from an existing function.

To clarify things...

Is the kit you are offering simply a diverter which robs fluid from an existing loader function?
Travis

View attachment 537197

No, we offer 3 different types of Kits for front Work Ports. The kit in your post is only one of the 3 types of kits we offer.

1. Electric Selector Kit / Select between Buck Curl and 3rd Function
2. True 3rd Function - On/Off
3. True 3rd function - Feathering Proportional Control

The difference in our True 3rd Function is the proprietary Manifold Block that allows continuous Power Beyond Flow to the balance of the tractor Hydraulic Circuit, even when using the 3rd function, and user selected flow to the 3rd function Work Ports. This is done by a custom Pressure Compensated Flow Valve cartridge in the manifold. The user can select how much of the Joystick Valve Power Beyond flow he/she wants to send to the 3rd Function Work Ports, up to 50% of the Power Beyond Flow. The key is that this flow is pressure compensated. There will always be Power Beyond Flow to the balance of the tractor to assure the tractor hydraulic system cannot be dead headed, even if the 3rd function flow is dead-headed. This protects the tractor hydraulic system in case of user error or component failure. The pressure compensating flow valve should not be confused with a relief valve. Pressure Relief Valves, like the one in the tractor hydraulic system, offer protection for short duration dead heads, but will overheat the hydraulic fluid if the system runs against a pressure relief for any given period of time. Pressure Reliefs should only be counted on for "momentary" pressure spikes.

Our True 3rd Function Kits allow you to use all 3 functions at the same time (Boom/Bucket/3rd Function), and operate the 3 point hitch while using the 3 front functions, if you have enough hands.

This same Custom Manifold Block and circuit design is used in both our On-Off and Proportional Control True 3rd Function systems.
All 3 systems are described further on the miemachinery site.

Hope this helps
Team MIE

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #23  
No, we offer 3 different types of Kits for front Work Ports. The kit in your post is only one of the 3 types of kits we offer.

1. Electric Selector Kit / Select between Buck Curl and 3rd Function
2. True 3rd Function - On/Off
3. True 3rd function - Feathering Proportional Control

The difference in our True 3rd Function is the proprietary Manifold Block that allows continuous Power Beyond Flow to the balance of the tractor Hydraulic Circuit, even when using the 3rd function, and user selected flow to the 3rd function Work Ports. This is done by a custom Pressure Compensated Flow Valve cartridge in the manifold. The user can select how much of the Joystick Valve Power Beyond flow he/she wants to send to the 3rd Function Work Ports, up to 50% of the Power Beyond Flow. The key is that this flow is pressure compensated. There will always be Power Beyond Flow to the balance of the tractor to assure the tractor hydraulic system cannot be dead headed, even if the 3rd function flow is dead-headed. This protects the tractor hydraulic system in case of user error or component failure. The pressure compensating flow valve should not be confused with a relief valve. Pressure Relief Valves, like the one in the tractor hydraulic system, offer protection for short duration dead heads, but will overheat the hydraulic fluid if the system runs against a pressure relief for any given period of time. Pressure Reliefs should only be counted on for "momentary" pressure spikes.

Our True 3rd Function Kits allow you to use all 3 functions at the same time (Boom/Bucket/3rd Function), and operate the 3 point hitch while using the 3 front functions, if you have enough hands.

This same Custom Manifold Block and circuit design is used in both our On-Off and Proportional Control True 3rd Function systems.
All 3 systems are described further on the miemachinery site.

Hope this helps
Team MIE

I see. We do have customers who want to use a 3rd function for continuous flow applications sometimes. What is the average cost of a kit capable of performing such applications?
Travis

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #24  
I see. We do have customers who want to use a 3rd function for continuous flow applications sometimes. What is the average cost of a kit capable of performing such applications?
Travis

miemachinerydivision

Per the PDF price sheet on the page linked above:

$1195 for On-Off
$1495 for Proportional

/ New member ,new tractor! New grapple #25  
Wow it would be cheaper to grow a third arm to operate the rear remote. This thread got way off kilter,like I originally posted im using the rear remotes.got lines made up with pioneer couplers the other day.156.00 canadian total. Thanks to all those who offered advice , I had no intent for this to turn into a marketing scheme for others. By the way Travis I just got my grapple ,looks awesome!