New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #51  
Gun violence, hmmm. Then we should have knife violence, stick violence, vehicle violence, etc.
Canada has a higher rate of MAID than US rate for firearm deaths....

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #52  
I can respect your view but going around the legal system and the constitution is all politicians want to do. I am very pro gun but can respect Gov Newsome approaching the problem via an amendment.
That said once you leave town are are out in very rural areas you will own a gun...... Been there done that. I spent my teens in Los Angeles with a cop dad, he taught us the basics and rarely was unarmed. I refuse to be an easy victim.
Agreed. Being far from police services also adds another degree of complexity. I live off in the country and am probably at least a 15 minute wait for any police response. Again, it adds complexity to the issue. The needs of rural areas are quite different from the needs of urban ones.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #53  
If that were the case, then states with strict gun laws would have high amounts of violence, and states with lax gun laws would have low amounts because of the deterrent due to prevalent gun ownership.

The fact is that is not the case. It is the exact opposite.
Illinois, ??? Has very strict gun laws and and Chicago has a very large murder rate . And I’m guessing the authorities only investigate about half of the real number. The other half are buried in back lots .

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque
Uh oh, what’s the “PhD” gonna do now?
I dated a girl who went to college once. She kept telling me how everything I thought wasn't true. Her professors kept saying the things she always thought were true, were not true. She came off with some pretty insane ideas.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #55  
Your comment makes some very broad assumptions about the individuals that own guns legally, and those that don't.

Let me rephrase the same question to you. If gun laws only hinder the rights of law-abiding citizens and leave them unprotected, why is there a clear inverse correlation between the strictness of state gun laws and gun violence? (i.e., states with strict gun laws have much lower rates of gun violence, and vice versa).

(Edited due to a typo)
I guess you haven't been to Chicago.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #56  
Anyone that uses Everytown as a reference is obviously a Soros fanboy.

Albuquerque is just like Austin Texas. All bleeding heart liberals.
Are you saying the data are wrong? If so, please identify what, specifically, is incorrect.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #57  
I guess you haven't been to Chicago.
The data are organized by state, not city. Last time I checked Chicago wasn't a state.

/ New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque
   / New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #59  
T
Agreed. Being far from police services also adds another degree of complexity. I live off in the country and am probably at least a 15 minute wait for any police response. Again, it adds complexity to the issue. The needs of rural areas are quite different from the needs of urban ones.
True and if you have livestock you need to protect that. My dogs to much of that but still. All my meat is procured using a firearm (legally).
I got deal check out Professor David Yamane's work at Gun Culture 2.0 or his youtube channel it may help you see my view as much as it help me to see your views

Interesting guy...

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / New Mexico governor issues order suspending the right to carry firearms in public across Albuquerque #60  
Didn't say it was wrong at all. Considering the source, I'd say it was skewed. I don't read that crap as a rule, but then I have a dim view of educators in general. Betcha you also belong to a teachers union too.

Status
Not open for further replies.