New old toy for my Kioti

/ New old toy for my Kioti #1  

Gittyup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739
Finally got this old box blade refurbished. Was worried it would be too big for my CK25. I've only tried it a couple of passes, but it has pulled it so far with no problem, even with the scarifiers down.

Before and after:

Attachments

• PICT0058.JPG
    PICT0058.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 285
  • PICT0070.JPG
    PICT0070.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 277
  • June09 344.JPG
    June09 344.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 293
  • June09 351.JPG
    June09 351.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 308
   / New old toy for my Kioti #2  
Nice Job! I've never seen one with the adjustable scarifier bar like that. It looks like it would be very convienent to drop or lift the scarifiers. Is it 72"?

Don

/ New old toy for my Kioti #3  
Very very nice

David

/ New old toy for my Kioti
Yes. It's a 6 foot box. The original mechanisms to raise, lower, and lock the scarifier bar were all basically ruined by the weather and abuse. So, I took them off and welded on the winch. I just plan to use a chain to lock the bar down, even though I put the original hook back on. To use the hook would mean attaching a steel cable to it and adding a means to lock it in position. Just don't have the wearwithall to do that.

They still make boxes similar to this, if you've got the $1500+ to spend on one. I've got about $450 in this one, with a new blade, a lot of welding repairs/materials, the winch, and a POR-15 paint job. Spent more on it than I planned, but it's way better made than what I could have bought new for that price.

/ New old toy for my Kioti #5  
Boy did you do a nice job. Congratulations!

I am, over time, learning to use a box blade. These things are amazing for driveways and grading and stuff. You will love it.

/ New old toy for my Kioti #6  
Great Job,that looks very heavy duty.coobie

/ New old toy for my Kioti #8  
Looks great! Is that a Kioti brand box?!:eek:
Would you give some detail as to your ROPS lights, how and to what circuit they're wired into? - (in a pm so I don't hijack your thread....)
Thanks.

/ New old toy for my Kioti #10  
Excellent work, thanks for posting pics.