New Owner...DK4510

/ New Owner...DK4510 #11  
I have the same tractor bought a month earlier. Please let us know how your first regen goes mine was confusing to me and my dealer. What do you use for fuel on or off road ?

/ New Owner...DK4510
12 hours on the tractor and no regen yet...what was your hours?

/ New Owner...DK4510 #13  
39. 4 hrs but got no regen light so I didn't know what was going on.

/ New Owner...DK4510 #14  
Well what would be even nicer is if the Trumpster put an end to all the emissions crap. If he told the EPA to stop at the current emissions level and let the diesel engine industry take a breather and not force changes every 3 years.

Bingo, SSF556.

Hopefully, we can get some of this nonsense rolled back but I'm not holding my breath on that.

I have 2, 2016 Kubotas with DPF. I surely did not want to pay the $3,500+ extra for the DPF nonsense but it was too late to find prior models without DPF and I simply put my foot down on DEF, even though I was not yet ready to buy and would have preferred to wait a year or so. Accordingly, I bought one about two years prior than planned, the other about one year. I plan on buying no more new tractors aside from, perhaps, a small sub 30 HP model.

The potential bad news: If the DEF/DPF nonsense is repealed no one will be able to give a DPF/DPF tractor away after it happens. Stay tuned.

SDT

/ New Owner...DK4510 #15  
Bingo, SSF556.

Hopefully, we can get some of this nonsense rolled back but I'm not holding my breath on that.

I have 2, 2016 Kubotas with DPF. I surely did not want to pay the $3,500+ extra for the DPF nonsense but it was too late to find prior models without DPF and I simply put my foot down on DEF, even though I was not yet ready to buy and would have preferred to wait a year or so. Accordingly, I bought one about two years prior than planned, the other about one year. I plan on buying no more new tractors aside from, perhaps, a small sub 30 HP model.

The potential bad news: If the DEF/DPF nonsense is repealed no one will be able to give a DPF/DPF tractor away after it happens. Stay tuned.

SDT

I am kind of surprised nobody has come up with a way to by pass this crap.

/ New Owner...DK4510 #16  
I am kind of surprised nobody has come up with a way to by pass this crap.

I was just thinking the same thing the other day.

/ New Owner...DK4510 #17  
Congrats on your new tractor. I’ve got basically the same one, a DK5010 that I bought just over a year ago.

I’ll share my thought on regen. First off I’ve noticed it’s hard to be working and notice the lights when they come on for the regen. They’re low on the dash, not very big, and dust tends to make them less visible. That said, I looked down one day about 30-40 hours in and saw the regen lamp either lit up. I didn’t know what to do. I remembered my dealer told me I could cancel it but only one time. He told me I’d be setting myself up for costly repairs if I did it twice. So I finished what I was doing and set out to learn the process.

The following weekend I was prepared with beer and time and I did a forced regeneration. It did it’s thing and I felt like I was back in good with the tractor. I’m ready for the next one and BTW, I noticed the instructions are on a sticker over on the right fender so if you find yourself faced with a regen light lit up just look over and you’ll be good.

Stop the tractor. Set the brake. Idle it. Then press the activation portion of the regen switch for about 2 seconds. The light will begin to flash and the tractor will do its thing.

Tip- Try not to idle the tractor when you’re working. Keep the revs up at least to 1500. I’ve learned here on these boards that diesels do not like idling, it causes regens to be needed more often. I’m at 139 hours now and haven’t yet had my second regen.

/ New Owner...DK4510 #18  
Congrats on your new tractor. I致e got basically the same one, a DK5010 that I bought just over a year ago.

I値l share my thought on regen. First off I致e noticed itç—´ hard to be working and notice the lights when they come on for the regen. Theyæ±*e low on the dash, not very big, and dust tends to make them less visible. That said, I looked down one day about 30-40 hours in and saw the regen lamp either lit up. I didn稚 know what to do. I remembered my dealer told me I could cancel it but only one time. He told me I壇 be setting myself up for costly repairs if I did it twice. So I finished what I was doing and set out to learn the process.

The following weekend I was prepared with beer and time and I did a forced regeneration. It did it痴 thing and I felt like I was back in good with the tractor. I知 ready for the next one and BTW, I noticed the instructions are on a sticker over on the right fender so if you find yourself faced with a regen light lit up just look over and you値l be good.

Stop the tractor. Set the brake. Idle it. Then press the activation portion of the regen switch for about 2 seconds. The light will begin to flash and the tractor will do its thing.

Tip- Try not to idle the tractor when youæ±*e working. Keep the revs up at least to 1500. I致e learned here on these boards that diesels do not like idling, it causes regens to be needed more often. I知 at 139 hours now and haven稚 yet had my second regen.

^^^This. I wanted to add to your, conversation. It's all about heat heeded to burn off soot/particulate. If you are running loaded up most of the time, a regen will be less often as the extra exhaust heat is burning soot off "naturally". If running idle/low load frequently, your exhaust temps are only ~500F or so. Soot/particulate will build up in the DPF, which will require a regen that, when activated, heats the exhaust up to fully loaded temperatures, ~1100 F, to burn off this particulate. Heat is actually why Mahindras engines do not have DPF systems. Mahindra uses an exhaust gas recirculation system, and runs the engine hotter than a typical diesel engine would at lower loads, to meet the emissions requirements.

I would love to see a load/temp comparison between one of these Mahindra mCRD engines and a typical diesel engine, from idle/no load to full rpm/full load.

Whether its better for the longevity of an engine than a DPF regen system, I'm sure will be decided in due time.

/ New Owner...DK4510 #19  
Hey guys, I know this post is several years old but how's your Dk4510 holding up? I am looking for Honest reviews of this tractor since I'm currently looking at a 2017 DK4510 shuttle shift with 126 hours on it and think it's a good deal at 18.5k. Also I'm wondering what it would cost to ad a rear remote and a third function.
Thanks
David

/ New Owner...DK4510 #20  
Mahindra uses an exhaust gas recirculation system, and runs the engine hotter than a typical diesel engine would at lower loads, to meet the emissions requirements.

This is a BIG misconception. EGR system are actually used to lower the combustion temperatures. The injected fuel will burn slower due to lack of oxigen, that's lowering NOx levels.

Recirculated exhaust gases are cooled before they reenter the engine.