New Pick em up Trucks

/ New Pick em up Trucks #131  
Let's see, the "big 3" are all bleeding green from every orifice at the moment. Stick transmissions don't make but 20 bucks profit. Auto-trans makes about $500 profit. Hmmmm, now why do they push them so hard ? Add in that more options make it more costly to produce, how long until they streamline the production line?

jb

Ford is already streamlining. I read there were something like 300,000 different combination's you could get in a F-150. Thats crazy. They are eventually going to go to one gear, one tranny, one engine, 10 or so colors, 2 interiors, ect, ect. They have too and so do the others to survive. Like Henry Ford said "You can get any color you want as long as its black"

They should have stuck to that.

Chris

/ New Pick em up Trucks #132  
I enjoy driving and dislike trying to drive real gently to save fuel. I just drive normally and accept the consequences. In my case, and honest 13MPG in stop/go driving driving by tach & shift points. Everytime I get in someone elses diesel truck, their computer readouts say about the same as my truck for overall MPG....usually 12-14 MPG.

Very accurate for my F250 6.4 diesel. If i want to drive 60 mph I can get it in 17 to 18 range (unloaded).

/ New Pick em up Trucks #133  
Its just to bad the new diesels still get 16-18mpg you think with all the electic stuff you should get better mileage..

/ New Pick em up Trucks #134  
I was hauling gravel from a gravel pit at the time and got the truck weighed before and after loading .
It weighed about 6000 pounds more after loading than it did before.
This was not a stock 3/4 ton but a beefed up heavy duty camper special.

Believe it or not I actually drove away from a gravel yard in a 4 cylinder ford ranger with just over a ton of pea gravel in the back. Not the smartest thing I've ever done but it did make it home with no damage. the front wheels felt like they were only touching down every now and then...:D

/ New Pick em up Trucks #135  
The attached picture shows my truck during a deck building project.

I am now considering a 2008 F150 4x4 super cab. It is over $11,000 off original MSRP.
It should also be more heavy duty than my 2001.

I tow my tractor on a tandem axle trailer once in awhile. What I really wanted was more payload as indicated in the attached photo.

The F150 is more agressively sale priced. F250's are less discounted, and very difficult to find at this date.

The Ford propaganda machine was also impressive at the dealership. Ford looks pretty good.

Yooper Dave

I got my 2008 F250 6.4L Diesel 4X4 two weeks ago. Sticker price was 46,6??. I got Ford employee discount and they had a $4500 rebate. Once they subtracted all the discounts I offered a couple K less. After about 5 minutes the "boss" came out and asked me where I came up with that offer..."Did you just pull it out of thin air?" I just replied that it was what I was willing to pay for the truck. He said OK. Seemed like a pretty good deal on a very nice truck.

/ New Pick em up Trucks #136  
Believe it or not I actually drove away from a gravel yard in a 4 cylinder ford ranger with just over a ton of pea gravel in the back. Not the smartest thing I've ever done but it did make it home with no damage. the front wheels felt like they were only touching down every now and then...:D
I do believe you! I have done the same with crushed stone and at one time, 40 50lb bags of lime, in my '87 Ranger. I won't claim it was a good idea, though it got it done.