New PVC glue

/ New PVC glue #2  
Sounds great, if it works well. I hate it when I'm fixing pipe in 95F weather and my glue gets all gummed up, and the primer can just loves to spill and leak.

I could see using some if the price is reasonable and it's up to code... but I'd be worried about inhalation and overspray on my hands (the dude in the video is spraying it all over his hands!).

/ New PVC glue #3  
I'll give it a try in five years if it's still around. Until then, I will continue to use purple primer and heavy duty clear cement because it's the only thing that is 100% every time. In my experience, the 'glues' eventually fail, but where the purple primer softens the PVC so that the cement will melt the PVC together like a weld. Pipes buried under ground done this way will crack in the middle of the pipe before the fitting comes apart.

/ New PVC glue #4  
I'll give it a try in five years if it's still around. Until then, I will continue to use purple primer and heavy duty clear cement because it's the only thing that is 100% every time. In my experience, the 'glues' eventually fail, but where the purple primer softens the PVC so that the cement will melt the PVC together like a weld. Pipes buried under ground done this way will crack in the middle of the pipe before the fitting comes apart.

That’s exactly how I feel.

/ New PVC glue #5  
What a waste of money. Look at all that overspray (money) going onto the rag and into the trash.

/ New PVC glue #6  
What a waste of money. Look at all that overspray (money) going onto the rag and into the trash.

I dunno.....how many times you opened a can of PVC glue to do a few fittings, then come back to that can in a few months to find it set up (or dang near it), even though the lid was tight. I try to buy it in the smallest cans I can find unless I know I'm doing a pretty big project, and I've still wasted a lot of it over the years.

Of course, the flip side of that is "how many cans of spray paint have you thrown away because the push tip clogs from the previous use ?" and my answer would be "yeah, a lot of them" :D

I do like the anti-Murphy's Law of Statistics feature built into spray cans versus open cans....that law being "Any open can of glue has a 90% chance of going from vertical to horizontal the minute you set it down"

/ New PVC glue #7  
I dunno.....how many times you opened a can of PVC glue to do a few fittings, then come back to that can in a few months to find it set up (or dang near it), even though the lid was tight. I try to buy it in the smallest cans I can find unless I know I'm doing a pretty big project, and I've still wasted a lot of it over the years.

Of course, the flip side of that is "how many cans of spray paint have you thrown away because the push tip clogs from the previous use ?" and my answer would be "yeah, a lot of them" :D

I do like the anti-Murphy's Law of Statistics feature built into spray cans versus open cans....that law being "Any open can of glue has a 90% chance of going from vertical to horizontal the minute you set it down"

Very true. I can't count how many times I've spilled the purple primer. Those cans flip themselves over on their own!!!! I also wont use an old can of cement. If it's gelled up just a little, I buy a new can. I'm not worried about the amount of waste when something costs so little, all that matters to me is that it works 100% of the time, for all eternity.