new ranger review?

/ new ranger review?
Gee, seems funny that the door actuators wouldn't work, yet the engine could still be started.

/ new ranger review? #753  
And just like that all the handle locks are working as they are supposed to with both fobs. The bad new is I did not do anything. I did check the truck battery with a meter and it showed 12.13v. The Auto Stop still is not working (but that is a non-issue with me because I just turn it off anyways). If the locks stop working again I check the voltage to see if there is a threshold when the door lock stop working. Really I do not know if a small voltage change in a 3.5 year old battery was the cause of the lock/unlock not working but that is the simplest to pursue at this point.

/ new ranger review? #754  
OK the auto door handles not operating is a good way to get your attention that a new battery is needed soon before you get stranded. Put in a new battery today and the auto door locks/unlocks continue to work good and as a bonus the auto start/stop started working. I do not know the lowest v the door locks don't work because I did not think to check the battery voltage while they were not working for 2 days. The auto lock/unlock did work as low as 11.99v, but the auto stop/start did not. The auto stop/start started working with the new battery at 12.53v.

I went ahead and put in a new battery for the fob even though I do not think the fob battery was low.

I did let the Ford dealer install the battery just in case I needed to have a "just out of warranty" repair but luckily it did not come to that and I only spent about $80 more to have them install the battery than the Costco battery (uninstalled) with the same battery warranty. There is a YouTube on the installation of the battery the positive terminal is more complicated than just taking the clamp of the post.

Last edited:
   / new ranger review?
OK the auto door handles not operating is a good way to get your attention that a new battery is needed soon before you get stranded. Put in a new battery today and the auto door locks/unlocks continue to work good and as a bonus the auto start/stop started working. I do not know the lowest v the door locks don't work because I did not think to check the battery voltage while they were not working for 2 days. The auto lock/unlock did work as low as 11.99v, but the auto stop/start did not. The auto stop/start started working with the new battery at 12.53v.

I went ahead and put in a new battery for the fob even though I do not think the fob battery was low.

I did let the Ford dealer install the battery just in case I needed to have a "just out of warranty" repair but luckily it did not come to that and I only spent about $80 more to have them install the battery than the Costco battery (uninstalled) with the same battery warranty. There is a YouTube on the installation of the battery the positive terminal is more complicated than just taking the clamp of the post.
We usually get 5 or so years out of battery. Txdon, remind us what year your ranger is?

/ new ranger review? #756  
We usually get 5 or so years out of battery. Txdon, remind us what year your ranger is?
2019 so about 3 1/2 years. New batteries only have a 3 year warranty. Let me know the first that you notice the start/stop is no longer working, I think that is the first sign that the battery cannot hold a high enough charge to meet the parameters of the required voltage to operate certain electronics. Also put a meter on your battery and get a reading on the voltage.

I'm not sure which models have the touch handles lock/unlock (you never have to take your fob out of your pocket) but when only the driver's door opens, it is another secondary sign of low voltage.

Extreme hot weather will affect the battery life and we sure have had it this past summer with 100 days of 100˚F or + temp.

Last edited:
   / new ranger review?
Rangers at work. Haven't got the snow-tire wheels installed yet. :ROFLMAO:
P1130424.jpg
P1130439.jpg