New RK 24

/ New RK 24 #1  

dmklein

Tractor
RK 24
Pulled the trigger & ordered a new RK 24. Actually called last week, came in Fri. Getting it fro Georgetown KY. So far impressed with the salesperson.

Did spring for the 3rd function valve, but could not quite justify the Grappler yet. Did get the back hoe though.

Tried to finance using Rural Kings Harvest card They advertise 5% cash back on all Rural King purchases, But No Credit Limits above 7k. Bummer.

Oh well, was going to pay it off right away anyway.

Plan is to pick it up Fri see how it goes . . .

/ New RK 24
That is a rather small machine.
What is your property size?
Did you consider the RK37?

2 properties actually. Our current home, in a subdivision on about 1/2 acre, and a 10 acre lot we brought to build in in a couple of years after I retire (getting closer every day :) )

Plan on using it both locations, & really need it to fit through a 5' gate to the current back yard, for some much needed repairs before we are ready to sell.

Cost is also a concern, but fit was first.

/ New RK 24 #3  
2 properties actually. Our current home, in a subdivision on about 1/2 acre, and a 10 acre lot we brought to build in in a couple of years after I retire (getting closer every day :) )

Plan on using it both locations, & really need it to fit through a 5' gate to the current back yard, for some much needed repairs before we are ready to sell.

Cost is also a concern, but fit was first.

Maybe time to upgrade to the RK37 when you actually move to the 10ac. property?

/ New RK 24 #4  
I got a RK24 a couple of years ago for my 18 ac., light logging for firewood, trail building/maintenance, brush clearing/hauling and driveway (100+yrd.) upkeep and it has done everything I've asked it. I did over load the bucket with a green hickory log, pulled down on the bucket handle and the rear end came up, so cut the log in half and worked fine. You just have to know the limitations of the tractor.
Have fun, send pics!
Joe

/ New RK 24 #5  
I got a RK24 a couple of years ago for my 18 ac., light logging for firewood, trail building/maintenance, brush clearing/hauling and driveway (100+yrd.) upkeep and it has done everything I've asked it. I did over load the bucket with a green hickory log, pulled down on the bucket handle and the rear end came up, so cut the log in half and worked fine. You just have to know the limitations of the tractor.
Have fun, send pics!
Joe

Avoid self imposed limitations!
Buy a big enough tractor!

/ New RK 24 #6  
When you buy the grapple, it will be a "where have you been all my life" moment. I can assure you.