New SA425

/ New SA425 #1  

Gryz

Tractor
Yanmar SA424
SA425 | YANMAR Tractor

And I just bought my fist tractor, the SA424. I don't know enough about them to know if it is a huge upgrade or not. I'm sure you guys do.

Anyway, a question on my SA424, could you tell me what is required to use the grapple? Is that what the rear remotes are for? Is that different than the 3rd function kit? I have neither, so was curious what I need to look for.

Last edited:
   / New SA425 #2  
The grapple will run off of the loader 3rd function, which will operate through a button on the SCV stick. I'm pretty sure you could run it off your rear remotes, it would just require long hydraulic hoses and a lot of patience.

/ New SA425
The grapple will run off of the loader 3rd function, which will operate through a button on the SCV stick. I'm pretty sure you could run it off your rear remotes, it would just require long hydraulic hoses and a lot of patience.
Is that something one would install themselves? The 3rd function I mean.

/ New SA425 #4  
There are a lot of people that install their own 3rd function, then there are those that cannot.... it can be overwhelming for those not mechanically inclined. YouTube the install of a 3rd function (doesn't have to be your model of tractor) to see if it's something for you to tackle.

/ New SA425 #5  
425 identical to the 424 but has dual rear remotes from the factory for about $700 extra. Good if you want a hydraulic top link or something like a ditch bank mower. Grapple runs off of 3rd function though can be run off rear, just a pain and in the way. 3rd function can be done at home if you're somewhat mechanically inclined, quite a few videos out there. The kit is around $5-600 from Yanmar and dealer will probably charge $3-400 for install

/ New SA425
3rd function can be done at home if you're somewhat mechanically inclined
How about rear remotes? Can also be done at home? Have not seen any videos of the installation related directly to the SA series.

/ New SA425 #7  
Yes, they can be done at home as well. Mostly going to be kind of standard operation on the SCUTs, just hooks into the hydraulics, going to be similar to 1025r (most common for videos)

/ New SA425
Do you mind explaining what would be required to put rear remotes on mine? I am looking at the Summit rear remote kits, but it says it needs the "Power Beyond Kit installed."
What exactly does that mean? I do not see a Power Beyond Kit listed on their site for the Yanmar.

/ New SA425 #9  
Check with your dealer and see if they can get the parts. power beyond would be where the backhoe plugs in. I would just wait a couple months and see if Yanmar offers a "retrofit" kit option for us, otherwise between a Summit kit and aftermarket power beyond you're looking well over a grand just in parts

/ New SA425 #10  
The power beyond kit should be available at your dealer. If you have a backhoe, it is already installed.