New Seat & Steering Wheel Design

/ New Seat & Steering Wheel Design #11  
Just went and looked at a GC1710
They had both there
The old seat was way too high for me. I am 6'2 with a not so good back and besides feeling cheap i had to lean way over to drive
Even the ones with the newer seats while better were still too high though better than the old.

Am I the only tall guy that has had this problem of it being uncomfortable? Was dissappointed really liked it until I sat down

/ New Seat & Steering Wheel Design #12  
I agree the ergonomics are awful. I am 6' and no way I could drive one. The BX series Kubota is the same size tractor and is 100 times more comfortable. I find that most of the Massey compacts and even some of the utility tractors are not very comfortable.

/ New Seat & Steering Wheel Design #13  
The ergonomics was a key reason for not looking into their TLB closer. Looks to be a nice little rig otherwise.

/ New Seat & Steering Wheel Design #14  
I guess I don't understand how a seat on any of the GC models can be "too tall" for someone 6 foot or more.

In my case I have the gc1715 and a very comfortable seat and with a couple of very easy adjustments of the seat I've also been able to gain almost 4 inches of additional seat adjustment for more leg room besides without effecting the seat sensor switch or modifying any parts. I've not seen the new seats you describe but it had to believe they'd be more comfortable than the one on the gc1715. Jmho

/ New Seat & Steering Wheel Design #15  
I agree the ergonomics are awful. I am 6' and no way I could drive one. The BX series Kubota is the same size tractor and is 100 times more comfortable. I find that most of the Massey compacts and even some of the utility tractors are not very comfortable.

your out of your mind, I'm 6'7" and have the 2610, I feel way more comfortable on the Massey, especially with the side by side fwd/Rev the heal toe on a BX is next to impossible being tall

/ New Seat & Steering Wheel Design #16  
Has anyone else noticed the new GC1710s have a better seat & steering wheel? The seat is much nicer and the steering wheel is taller to accomodate for the additional height of the rotating assy for turning to use the hoe. I would like to know the part #s and figurr out if i can replace the seat & wheel on my older gc1710.

You can buy it here NEW GRAY SEAT MASSEY FERGUSON 1533 COMPACT TRACTOR, GC SERIES SUB COMPACT #AB | eBay if you want. Going on my 3rd year with mine and its holding up well.

Rich

Last edited:
   / New Seat & Steering Wheel Design #17  
So, they didin't just finally put the GC1715/20 seat on the GC1705/10's? wouldn't make sense to go to a third seat unless the OEM contract for the old seat (1705/10) expired.

/ New Seat & Steering Wheel Design
New seat is darker - almost black - check the pic on page 1 I posted. Seems like different material and foam as well though i did not compare side-by-side with the previous 1715 and 1720 seats.

/ New Seat & Steering Wheel Design #19  
New seat and steering wheel are interchangeable wit hte old ones to answer the original question.

/ New Seat & Steering Wheel Design
New seat and steering wheel are interchangeable wit hte old ones to answer the original question.

How'd you figure that out?