New shop started

/ New shop started #422  
Cj5 willys

Great looking Jeep. Son and I rebuilt a1955 M38-A1.
IMG_1371.jpg

Building my shop now. Metal building as well. Slow going but shell is up. Build out inside next.

/ New shop started #423  
Nice job on the jeep . Those were a tuff piece of equipment . I drove that model and the earlier models as well . In the 40's some for farming was available .

/ New shop started #425  
There is a big advantage to having tires instead of tracks!!!

/ New shop started
Frankly I’m loving it thus far

I’m not digging off road a lot just property and trail maintenance so it seems to be working well
Next to add forks

/ New shop started
Little 3320/300cx never lets me down

I know others have boasted about the lift capacity of this combination relative to its size.

house needed a beam for some additional support from Father Time

20’ span of (3)lvl 1.5x11 7/8” and 2 pieces of 1/2” plate of same size

Defiantly not the most this machine has lifted, it was only around 1300lb 2’ +/- out on forks. The span is a bit wider than my typical project tho, no trouble fetching it off driveway and maneuvering it around house/septic/walkways to get it in place

/ New shop started #428  
How did you get that heavy thing up to height?

I calculated just the steel at about 835 lbs with the dimensions you gave. Heavy!

/ New shop started #429  
How did you get that heavy thing up to height?

I calculated just the steel at about 835 lbs with the dimensions you gave. Heavy!

good thing there was a backhoe on the rear, fully extended 1300# looks to be the end of loader's capacity
all's well that ends well, fine use for a tractor
and that's a fine trash can hauler too!

another thought...would have liked to have seen your front tires with all that weight on them. Those R4s are tough but sometimes hard to tell how much air
is in them. Vs radials which always look low on air... I'm guessing you went very very slowly.

Last edited:
   / New shop started
Slow and steady
Loader didn’t even grunt taking off truck and manipulating. I was more worried about bumps and lever arm of the 8’ to each side of forks.

my experience mirrors this thread on this forum, definitely punches above its weight class.

Kyle, we caught it inside on a rolling lift and some temporary supports and slid it into place then some jacking

now just dealing with the cleanup