New shop started

/ New shop started
Well I had some energy today so:
Flail removed from the JD 3320 and put out in the back 40 for storage

Passing the rifle range

Glad I have 4wd

Took down a super sketchy tree with minimal escape routes. Wedges used and then the “wack, retreat, wait, repeat” method
Once I got it where I felt really uncomfortable, I went to do another project and heard it come down 10min later. Wife called me from the house 500 yards away as she heard it come down and was wondering if I was safe.

I love this old steel wedge. It must weigh 25 lbs but it gets job done.

The other “distraction” while I waited.

Then I finished up with one of my favorite chores. I hate mowing etc but rolling the driveway is relaxing. I need to add a cup holder

/ New shop started #463  
That is what I need, a small roller. Our lane is about ½ mile, and rolling it a few times a year (especially before the winter snow) would be perfect for setting the gravel in nice and tight! I helped a friend/neighbor expand his driveway a few weeks ago, and the driving back and forth, moving 6" left each time with the tractor to pack it down helped but not nearly as effective as a roller! Your place looks great - keep up the good work!

/ New shop started
Thx

Wife loves the driveway so she is happy w purchase

Win win

/ New shop started #465  
Your place look really nice. The older I get, the more I admire a really nice lawn. Thick, lush, green, no weeds, or fire ant mounds. One day I'd really love to have my place look like that!!!

/ New shop started
Funny u say that

I guess I am now the same?
When we bought the place, “as long as it was green” I didn’t care. It was all weeds and I would chuckle at the “manicure” look. (This place is in the woods and I prefer a more wild look)

We then added a quarterly fertilizer/weed treatment company

After 3 yrs of “treatment” my weeds turned into “grass” and I must say, I like the look now also!

I’m getting old

/ New shop started #468  
Can't blame you there!

/ New shop started
Rescue the Quadractor day
Threw a belt and now even though I went thorough it last year, looks like another tear down and fix a some shifting issues for the long term

Loosing garage space to “projects”

/ New shop started
Ok so the issue was wear within a sliding rack that turns Fwd/back shifting motion into left/right rack movement.

Rack with the 3 worn guides. Zinc or aluminum?

You can see the wear between rod and guide

So boring on the mill with the D’andrea boring head to insert an oilite bushing

Turning bushing on lathe for press fit

Assembly and prior to cutting off excess on rightmost guide

What a difference, shifts like a car and no more belts jumping out of phase

Last edited: