New shop under construction

/ New shop under construction
Nice! I see 2 full rows of blocking in the walls - why so much for 12' walls?
Contractor said they are required to do that by code to strengthen the walls.

/ New shop under construction #12  
Nice looking building. I'm looking forward to following your progress.

/ New shop under construction #13  
Will you be doing any work yourself?

Will you be doing any work yourself?
I’ll definitely paint it myself and will probably do some other things. Will probably help the guy put in a metal ceiling.

/ New shop under construction #16  
It's nice that you are considerate of your wife and her hobbies. I told my wife that my shop is my escape from the house. She is welcome in there, but it is my space, which means she does not get to dictate to me where things go, how messy it is, store her stuff in there, etc.

So, she got her own space in the house. Same deal as my shop, only difference is, I'm not physically allowed into her 'craft' room unless something is broken and she needs help. I'm perfectly fine with that arraignment.

However, a small closed off kitchen in the shop would be very nice an convenient, especially for the long nights of working on stuff or being exiled to the shop when the wife is mad. 😁

/ New shop under construction #17  
I’ll definitely paint it myself and will probably do some other things. Will probably help the guy put in a metal ceiling.
I hired my shop constructed. Then I finished it including insulation and inner wall sheathing. I used metal panel on the ceiling. Friend was going to help me.

My construction crew finished up at noon. I asked if they were going to another job to finish the day? They said no. I asked if they wanted to put up the ceiling metal? They said sure.

Friend and I handed up the metal panels. The crew of four installed them. Took an hour. I was paying the crew $100 per hour. Was a no brainer. My friend and I would have worked on that for a couple days.

Sometimes you gotta sort out what's most cost effective. :)

/ New shop under construction #18  
Nice shop. How thick is the slab? What is going on the outside walls?

Nice shop. How thick is the slab? What is going on the outside walls?
It’s just a 5 inch slab. Outside will be board and batten hardie board and I might brick the lower part of the porch.

/ New shop under construction #20  
Same size we built this past year, but we went with post construction. Very nice building there!

Attachments

• 588C1B4A-2DB2-4851-99FB-3DDC6B4BB61A.jpeg
    588C1B4A-2DB2-4851-99FB-3DDC6B4BB61A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 138
  • DF4FA20C-AC51-408C-BCE4-043558B62104.jpeg
    DF4FA20C-AC51-408C-BCE4-043558B62104.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 148