New shop under construction

/ New shop under construction #21  
If there is OSB on the outside, the blocking maybe used to land the edges on. At least that is what my builder did with vertical 8ft sheets on 10ft walls. Jon
Nice! I see 2 full rows of blocking in the walls - why so much for 12' walls?

/ New shop under construction #22  
If there is OSB on the outside, the blocking maybe used to land the edges on. At least that is what my builder did with vertical 8ft sheets on 10ft walls. Jon
The blocking is staggered, so at best only every other bay would be on the edge of the OSB sheet...

/ New shop under construction #23  
The blocking is staggered, so at best only every other bay would be on the edge of the OSB sheet...
Yep.

If properly studded, the vertical edge of the OSB will always hit a stud. By the pic, it appears they are on 16" centers. So no horizontal edge support is needed. Depending on what is used for interior wall lining, this will be a very strong building.

/ New shop under construction
Same size we built this past year, but we went with post construction. Very nice building there!
It looks like you used UFO lights. If this is the case, How do you like them and how many lights did you use?

thanks

/ New shop under construction #25  
The choices for lighting are many.

I used ballasted T5 florescent bulb lights. Six fixtures with six bulbs in each. They provide excellent light.

I have two electric door openers on my overheads. With the lights on, standing inside the shop at the opposite end from the doors, I couldn't open my overheads with the remotes. I contacted LiftMaster to complain about the openers. They informed me that the frequency their openers used is intentionally weak to keep your neighbor from opening your door. I said I didn't have neighbors. They said the ballasted lights were creating too much noise and the openers couldn't hear the remote signal. They suggested changing out the lights to LED.

So I bought LED bulbs that don't require a ballast and converted my lights. That helped a LOT. But still, if my lights are on my remote range is dramatically reduced. Lights off, remote range is 500ft. Lights on, range is 150ft.

I can't speak for other types of lighting. Maybe someone can chime in with personal experience.

Sorry if this doesn't apply. I'm just assuming you'll have openers.

/ New shop under construction
The choices for lighting are many.

I used ballasted T5 florescent bulb lights. Six fixtures with six bulbs in each. They provide excellent light.

I have two electric door openers on my overheads. With the lights on, standing inside the shop at the opposite end from the doors, I couldn't open my overheads with the remotes. I contacted LiftMaster to complain about the openers. They informed me that the frequency their openers used is intentionally weak to keep your neighbor from opening your door. I said I didn't have neighbors. They said the ballasted lights were creating too much noise and the openers couldn't hear the remote signal. They suggested changing out the lights to LED.

So I bought LED bulbs that don't require a ballast and converted my lights. That helped a LOT. But still, if my lights are on my remote range is dramatically reduced. Lights off, remote range is 500ft. Lights on, range is 150ft.

I can't speak for other types of lighting. Maybe someone can chime in with personal experience.

Sorry if this doesn't apply. I'm just assuming you'll have openers.
Good to know, I’ll make note of this if I encounter the problem later on when doors are installed.

/ New shop under construction #27  
It looks like you used UFO lights. If this is the case, How do you like them and how many lights did you use?

thanks
I used (8) 27k lumen UFO lights. They are AMAZING. I could do surgery in the barn 😂

/ New shop under construction #28  
I used (8) 27k lumen UFO lights. They are AMAZING. I could do surgery in the barn 😂
And in regards to your door opener. Do you have range issues? Any noticeable difference with lights on versus lights off?

/ New shop under construction #29  
And in regards to your door opener. Do you have range issues? Any noticeable difference with lights on versus lights off?
I can open and close it from 600’ away, regardless. I don’t try it any further than that.

/ New shop under construction #30  
I can open and close it from 600’ away, regardless. I don’t try it any further than that.
Excellent. With no change that would indicate your lights are not noisy. What opener do you have?