New snow

/ New snow #11  
Just a rainy and cooler week here. I NEVER move late snow unless there is some good reason for it. Frost is gone from the ground and ground damage would be significant. Plus why spend diesel, machine and man hours on something that will be gone in a week, if that?

/ New snow #12  
Things changed quickly here. The ground doesn't seem to be as soft as one would expect. Last night I mowed for the third time so far this Spring. We had rain on Sunday morning and Sunday night. The creek was up but not bank-full. When I mowed last night the only places I saw anything even resembling soft ground were the few small spots I scalped while plowing snow this past Winter.

/ New snow
Still snowing and blowing. Three ft drifts around buildings, couple ft in the driveway. With the wind direction change I'm sure my drive to the highway is blocked. I'll get to it after breakfast. Lots of highways closed.

/ New snow
Wind was on my side with the road to the highway, just a few finger drifts. Beside the house was a different story. Had to put the blower back on.
795CDD89-31DD-468A-B752-E194138E2CE8.jpeg
B95DB39A-BFB0-4747-BF17-298EB7E6BC28.jpeg
3D6F7D77-A56A-478E-A4E6-4E7931C922E7.jpeg

/ New snow #16  
Gotta LOVE a front mount BLOWER!

/ New snow #17  
When I lived in Wisconsin a few years ago in the city we had 4 to 5 ft
drifts of snow in the drive way and used a 8 hp 2 wheel snow blower
the snow was over the top of the blower had to go over the drive way
3 or 4 times to get the snow cleared. Now here in Texas we might see
snow once a year if lucky

willy

/ New snow
Our once a year is from end of October till April-May. Not the same?

/ New snow #19  
OK, now we have a modest snow falling here. Also have an apportionment to get the snow wheels switched out. :cautious:

/ New snow
Finally quite snowing and blowing. Worked the blower pretty hard, blew out the bearings where the shaft goes through the ssqa plate. Wondered about the bearings being too close, back to back at the short shaft with the drive sprocket. A bit more sittn' n thinkin' is in order. Couple of options come to mind. A support in front of the sprocket seems like the best way to balance the stress.