New Super UDT2

/ New Super UDT2 #1  

bill18163

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710,BX1860,LA3940
Bought three five gal cans of Super UDT today. When I got home I found that two were Super UDT2 and one was Super UDT. Does anyone know if I can mix the two when I change the fluid in my tractor? My tractor takes more than ten gal for a change so I would have to mix the two types when I do the work.

/ New Super UDT2 #2  
Bought three five gal cans of Super UDT today. When I got home I found that two were Super UDT2 and one was Super UDT. Does anyone know if I can mix the two when I change the fluid in my tractor? My tractor takes more than ten gal for a change so I would have to mix the two types when I do the work.

According to what I read on the labels you can mix them but I would not. The SUDT2 is synthetic and the SUDT is not synthetic. I would go for the good stuff especially if your tractor is HST.

/ New Super UDT2 #3  
Exactly. You wanted the synthetic, obviously. If you blend them you won't get the full effect. Another trip back, but I'd take the time to do it. That's gonna be in there for a few years. What's another day's delay.

/ New Super UDT2 #4  
Exactly. You wanted the synthetic, obviously. If you blend them you won't get the full effect. Another trip back, but I'd take the time to do it. That's gonna be in there for a few years. What's another day's delay.

okay, but have no on here people say use SUDT and NOT UDT? So now SUDT is not good enough?

Just saying full effect of what? I like Kubota the best but SUDT was a HUGE money maker and now SUDT2 is better and cheaper. I would love to see VOA of both and side bu side UOA of both..

/ New Super UDT2 #5  
I recently changed the fluid in my tractor. I got the SUDT2 as well. I noticed on the containers it said something like "synthetic performance". It didn't indicate that it was actually synthetic oil or full synthetic. The oil worked fine, not troubles at all. But it's expensive. And the "synthetic performance" on the label made me wonder if it's some clever marketing gimmick to make people think it's synthetic, but it's actually not.

Not sure if other manufacturers are like this, but that's the one fluid with kubota where you're led to believe that the tractor will blow up and you'll be thrown from the tractor in the explosion if you don't use Kubota UDT, SUDT, or SUDT2. Don't hear the same stuff with engine oil or front axle oil on Kubota's. But heaven help you if you use something other than SUDT in the trans. Kubota transmissions are engineered like no other and they require a super special fluid. (I sit here and type sarcastically, but I took the bait too. 13 gallons or so, about 200 pieces of lettuce.)

/ New Super UDT2 #6  
I recently changed the fluid in my tractor. I got the SUDT2 as well. I noticed on the containers it said something like "synthetic performance". It didn't indicate that it was actually synthetic oil or full synthetic. The oil worked fine, not troubles at all. But it's expensive. And the "synthetic performance" on the label made me wonder if it's some clever marketing gimmick to make people think it's synthetic, but it's actually not.

Not sure if other manufacturers are like this, but that's the one fluid with kubota where you're led to believe that the tractor will blow up and you'll be thrown from the tractor in the explosion if you don't use Kubota UDT, SUDT, or SUDT2. Don't hear the same stuff with engine oil or front axle oil on Kubota's. But heaven help you if you use something other than SUDT in the trans. Kubota transmissions are engineered like no other and they require a super special fluid. (I sit here and type sarcastically, but I took the bait too. 13 gallons or so, about 200 pieces of lettuce.)

I hear ya. That said, I've priced others like Chevron synthetic and there's no dollars to save there, it was, in fact, more. So? What to do. Since the interval is 300-400 hours, it's not like a typical guy is going to do this very often. Do small Kubotas whine with typical, TSC type over the counter UTF? Yes, they certainly do, in my experience. Reason enough, for me, to use something better. I do not know what Deere charges for their synthetic. I do know what Amsoil charges. But this sort of thing always degenerates into goofy oil debates, so I'll bow out now. Have a great evening.

/ New Super UDT2 #7  
5 gallons of SUDT2 @ my local Kubota dealer = $108.00

5 gallons of Mobil 1 0w40 Synthetic @ AutoZone = $169.80 (not factoring AZ Rewards in)

Hard to say that SUDT2 is horribly overpriced ....... considering that with the former you're talking 300 to 400 hours of operation ..... and with the latter only 200 hours (at least in my machine)

/ New Super UDT2 #8  
5 gallons of SUDT2 @ my local Kubota dealer = $108.00

5 gallons of Mobil 1 0w40 Synthetic @ AutoZone = $169.80 (not factoring AZ Rewards in)

Hard to say that SUDT2 is horribly overpriced ....... considering that with the former you're talking 300 to 400 hours of operation ..... and with the latter only 200 hours (at least in my machine)

I agree. Not to bad.. Issue I have is Sudt was overpriced for years and now the SUDT2 is cheaper and does more? When all item of the process are goingup..People were getting screwed for years on this "improved" product.

For me, I try and NOt buy Kubota where I can. So far it is only the hyd filter...

/ New Super UDT2 #9  
Have any of you guys looked at high quality aftermarket synthetics for motorcycles? Some of them go for close to $20 a quart. I've just hit the 50 hour mark, I'll pick up a gallon of SUDT2 to top it off.

/ New Super UDT2
Got a reply back from Kubota on the SUDT2. This is what they said:
UDT, Super UDT and Superr UDT II are fully compatable in any %.

Super UDT II is a synthetic blend.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Your Original Inquiry:

I recently purchased Super UDT for my tractor. I purchased three five gal
cans and two were Super UDT2 and one was Super UDT. The info on the cans of
Super UDT2 says it is "fully compatable" with UDT and Super UDT. But does
this mean you can mix them together? For instance,could you install 33%
Super UDT and 66% Super UDT2 for a oil change? I ask this question because
Super UDT is not synthetic and from what I understand, Super UDT2 is
synthetic. Thank you.