New to flat face connectors - need help

/ New to flat face connectors - need help #11  
Once you get your connectors straightened out you might find you stil have problems connecting.

I have a similar tractor with ff connectors and a 4 in 1. In my case, pressure builds up on the implement side, in the 4 in 1. I'm convinced it's outside temperature related. As the day warms up, the fluid expands and bingo, no way to connect.

There are a few gadgets out there to help, some you buy and some pretty ingenious home grown but, in my case, i took someone suggestion and, if having trouble, I just crack the nut on a hose on the implement side. Only a tiny bit of fluid escapes.

I just tried the other day and it worked! Dont retighten the nut until your connected. hee hee hee no duh!

Check for loose grease fittings, and when you go to change filters, good luck. Between my rtv and the tractor i had 7. At least 5 were almost impossible to remove and, even if you have a universal filter wrench kit etc etc......it ain't gonna fit.

good luck.

/ New to flat face connectors - need help #12  
Be sure of what you have. One measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions! I have 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" hoses and tubing but all 1/2" AG connectors. When my tractor was new I wanted to change half the female remote connectors to male so there would be no question of which implement hose to connect and to ensure the actuation direction would be the same. The local Parker (now Hope Group) store manager and I discovered that Kubota used some proprietary straight threading on the remote block so that the block was better left alone.

P.S. Get some Loctite 545; chances are you will be making or changing NPT adapter connections.

/ New to flat face connectors - need help #13  
Ok I can handle that...It has a Faster 19E0 so I will call Faster Monday and verify. Thanks!
If you have the land pride 3rd function then the tractor side should be 3/4" Female faced O-ring boss according to the install manual. Since you said the grapple is 3/8, you just need a 3/8 FF size QC with the 3/4" FORB connection.

I dont believe they have that style listed in the site I posted. I would be calling your dealer tomorrow and tell them you need the right couplers that you requested.

/ New to flat face connectors - need help
Alternatively, there are Flat Face to Pioneer AG hydraulic adapters available. Just make sure they are 3/8" adapters.

I had seen those which is why I now question the size on the tractor. I have only found them in 1/2”. Thanks.

/ New to flat face connectors - need help
If you have the land pride 3rd function then the tractor side should be 3/4" Female faced O-ring boss according to the install manual. Since you said the grapple is 3/8, you just need a 3/8 FF size QC with the 3/4" FORB connection.

I dont believe they have that style listed in the site I posted. I would be calling your dealer tomorrow and tell them you need the right couplers that you requested.
It is the Land Pride 3rd function, and EA only did 3/8” because the dealer told me that’s what they were. I think they normally use 1/2”. I will be on the phone in the morning.

/ New to flat face connectors - need help #16  
I had seen those which is why I now question the size on the tractor. I have only found them in 1/2”. Thanks.
With a 3/4" FOSB connection, I'm thinking they might be 1/2" size also.

/ New to flat face connectors - need help #17  
The ag connectors are easier to release pressure buildup on. You can usually hit the bump on the end and release them. The flat face ones are harder to connect. The big advantage IMO is they’re easy to clean.

/ New to flat face connectors - need help #18  
pressure builds up on the implement side
I just crack the nut on a hose on the implement side. Only a tiny bit of fluid escapes.

If you do that with NPT connections that will wear out the threads and after a while it won't seal properly. NPT seals by deforming the threads. And it's not made for hydraulic system pressures to begin with.

If it's JIC or another similar reuseable connection then it's fine.

I made gizmos with a tee with two quick connects, a valve and a cap. Plug one into the attachment when it comes off the tractor. When it's time to put it back on, remove the cap and use the valve to let the pressure out, the disconnect from the gizmo and connect to the tractor.

/ New to flat face connectors - need help #19  
I've rarely had to release pressure on the QC's and if I did I always had a JIC connector to crack lose.

If its really a problem then you can always invest in the connect under pressure type FF couplers.

/ New to flat face connectors - need help #20  
4570 post is very accurate. Other advice above is also spot on. Flat face often times needs the line and nut loosened to release the pressure. Ag with the ball on the end is easy to bump and release the pressure, which sounds good but does not work real well often times. I have the female and male on the tractor and of course the male and female on the attachment. That way the hoses always hook up the same and the controls work the same. The problem is that if the attachment has cylinders that power open and close then the female connection on the attachment is hard to release the pressure on.

Usually you can leave the ignition on the tractor activated and the engine off if you have a electric solenoid on the tractors Front end loader and rock the switch back and forth to release the tractor side of the hydraulics. If you have a lever / valve then you can move it with the engine off.

Might seem silly but wear some glasses when releasing the pressure, especially if you are bumping the ag connections ball on the end.

I use flat face, got tired of the cracking likes so I put a “T” in each line on the attachment then a short hose then the ag connectors with the button on each hose and “T”. That way I can bump and release the pressure for both cylinders on each side of my attachments. Saves getting wrench’s our when I swap tools, which is often numerous times during the day.