new to forum

/ new to forum #1  

Woody65

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300 HST 4wd
Hi, I am from long island NY, 1/2 acre, push behind mower. I have just purchased 100acres in Oneonta NY, push mower won't handle it:laughing:. I have been searching this site for the past few days and have been amazed at the amount of knowledge, experience and helpful suggestions. I will be building a log home, installing and maintaining a 1500' driveway that rises 200' , 15acres of fields and 85 acres of logging trails through timber. I have driven just about every type of car, truck, boat but never a tractor:). I will be needing your advice on what type, size, and implements. I have been in the residential construction trade for 26years so I can build anything but have never operated, or maintained a tractor. I look forward to getting your advice/opinions on my soon to be tractor/implements purchase along with how to utilize the tractor for projects. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / new to forum #4  
Hi, I am from long island NY, 1/2 acre, push behing mower. I have just purchased 100acres in Oneonta NY, push mower won't handle it:laughing:.

Welcome to the nice part of the state :), and welcome to rural living.

Keep reading, there's a ton of good info out here. And most importantly, safety first. Tractors are powerful equipment and need to be respected (not feared).

HH